I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, March 08, 2021

You helped, thanks!

This is what I like about blogging. I asked for help and I got it. I appreciate it. It was varied, like my readers. There was an excellent mixture with suggestions on how to best implement a ‘diet’ or healthier eating. 



There were suggestions on TTWD and whether or not to try to restart it for all this. And if I did choose to incorporate it, how it might work to help me achieve goals. Mixed in with all that were a few gentle kicks in the butt to get myself started with whatever I chose to do.

 

I received emails from a few people who took the time to give detailed. That helped. Details help me. It felt like people cared and that was a big boost. That definitely made me want to get started doing something.

 

I did take a big step toward good health by getting my first vaccine this past week. My county, a county I rarely brag about, has done very well with the vaccine roll out. I showed up one afternoon and asked if I could get my name on a list they might call if there were any doses left late in the afternoon. I told them I could be there in about fifteen minutes. She gave me a number to call and leave that message. I didn’t know how long it would take, or if I would ever hear back.



The next day around 3:30 I got a call asking me if I could be there at 4:00. I said, ‘You bet!  All I have to do was throw on a bra.’ The woman laughed and, ‘We don’t care about that, wear one or don’t you’ll be welcome either way.’ I walked in, they asked my name and pointed to a nurse. I got the vaccine, Moderna, and had to wait for fifteen minutes. Then they gave me an appointment for the second shot for later this month and it was all over except for the sore arm the next day.

 

I  feel safer already. All the people I usually visit with, friends and family, have all been vaccinated now. I’m not ready to run through the streets kissing strangers, but I will feel like I can go to a restaurant, with limited seating for dinner a little after that second dose. Now when LJ and Collin can get theirs, I’ll be even happier! Hope everyone who wants one can get theirs soon.

 

16 comments:

  1. Hi PK, I'm so glad you received such great feedback and that it was helpful.

    So glad to hear you have had the vaccine, that is great piece of mind. The rollout has begun here and it was announced today the Government are going to be going with the Pfizer vaccine. Previously we were going to be getting a range of the different vaccines.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was more than willing to take any of the three I could get.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, super that you have received some suggestions. I'm so happy that you've had your first jab and getting your second later this month. We both will have to wait until May for our second dose.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick and Mollie got Pfizer and the second dose was three weeks later. The Moderna has me waiting four weeks.

      Delete
  3. I am SO jealous -- I have no idea when I will be getting the shot. Our health unit seems slow to me - they only finished first shots at Retirement homes last week :( They do say my shot will be in May but I have doubts.

    And re the diet - I started eating healthy - what two weeks ago? - and it's been easy-ish - and I have lost 2 pounds! YAY!! You just have to decide you CAN do it... one small change at a time...... I know you CAN do it if you really want it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once we got started around here it seems to have gone pretty fast. I hope you'll get yours sooner than expected.

      Two pounds in two weeks is impressive. I know it won't always be a pound a week, but that's a good start.

      Delete
  4. It's wonderful to receive advice but it's even greater to be in the presence of mind to take it. So good on you!

    So happy to hear you have recieved your vaccine. How very fortunate!

    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like my commenters really did their part, the rest is up to me. Yes after this past year, I've never been so happy to get a shot.

      Delete
  5. Lucky you, to have your first vaccination. We are still waiting, and I will probably not get one until May, as they are going in order of decreasing age, starting with the over-80s.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of the people I'm with most often they were all getting vaccinated because they were over 65. It made being 64 kinda a bummer.

      Delete
  6. Happy you were able to get the vaccine. I received the second and now just have to wait the two weeks to have it fully kick in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And after mine we can get together and kick ass all over the place.

      Delete
  7. I'm so happy for you! Both for asking for help and taking the help offered.

    I'm also excited you got your vaccination. I'm jealous of course because we seem slow in the great white north but still happy you have it.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess every person on the planet that gets it helps us all a tiny bit so I love seeing the numbers for that go up.

      Still crossing my fingers that I'll use all the good advice I got.

      Delete
  8. So glad you got the first shot! My parents get their second shot next week, I think! Yay! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're chipping away at it slowly but surely. And thank goodness for that.

      Delete