I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, March 22, 2021

To answer your question...

Several people stopped by to ask questions for March: Questions and Answer month. Thank you for asking! Here are your answers.

Windy asked:

PK,
If you had to choose a different screen name than you have ever used including names in your books, what would your new blog land name be and why? 

I’ve actually given that some thought lately. I’m writing a vanilla book in addition to working on the ‘On the River’ series. Since there is no spanking in it, I want another pen name. I wouldn’t people buying a PK Corey book and being disappointed that it’s not what they expected.

The name I think I’ll use for those books (assuming that there may be more) is Lizbeth Lyn or some version of that. It was the name of someone I cared for greatly in the past.

Thanks for asking!

 

Roz asked:

Hi PK,

How did you come up with your character names? You talk about them telling you their stories. Does that include their names?

What activity (non kink/sexy) do you and Nick enjoy doing together?

Hugs 
Roz


Thanks Roz. Some I have known forever Cassie, Tom, Sue and Annie for example. I don’t remember how they came to me. As I sit here and think about it the names of the good guys in my stories just come – a name pops into my head and feels ‘right.’ For various reasons I tried to change Lily’s name before her first appearance. But I couldn’t do it. Her name was Lily so I left it alone. Now I don’t have a ton of ‘villains’ in my books, but when I have someone being a jerk, I think back over people who have really annoyed me in life. An old boss or co-worker and use their name.

In Returning to Us, the husband’s name was going to be Ross. My wonderful editor, Rosie Dee, quickly pointed out that having a frequently used name ending in double SS’s was a possessive nightmare. So I changed it to Hal.

As for what we like to do together, Nick and I laughed at this question, because we don’t have many shared activities. He likes golf and photography. I like reading, writing, and day dreaming. But when he can get me started, we like to travel together. He takes pictures and I make up stories along the way.

 

Deena asked:

 

Ooh, I hope you don't mind me picking your brain a bit :)

What has been the biggest benefit of having this type of relationship, and what has been the biggest obstacle?


Pick away! If you find anything useful, you’re welcome to it. The major benefit for us was that when I came out and he accepted me for who I was, my walls came down. I’m talking about old well-fortified walls that I hadn’t even realized were there. Suddenly we became closer than we had ever been. Over the years I have rebuilt some of the walls at times. But never to the degree they were. So our closeness remains and that is the biggest benefit that has come from TTWD.

The biggest obstacle has been my pre-conceived notion of what it meant to live this life-style. I don’t blame myself completely – I’d lived with these ideas for almost forty years before I shared them with Nick. It was fixed in my mind. I knew how it was supposed to be! Unfortunately, I didn’t take real life and real people into account. So I was often disappointed, annoyed, upset and angry when everything didn’t go according to my expectations.

Gradually, Nick would say very gradually, my ideas of how things ‘should be’ is becoming more realistic. We may figure this thing out yet.

 

Ronnie asked:

PK,

I'm interested to know about the question Roz asked, especially how you picked the names for your characters.

I know you are a home bird, but if you could spend a day anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Love,
Ronnie
xx

You can read above about the names. But I don’t have to think long for my favorite spot in the world.

 

Colonial Williamsburg

 


It’s not only the place itself, it’s the feeling I have when I’m there. Peace, tranquility and happiness seems to fill me when I walk the streets. No cars are allowed, only horses and carriages. Craftspeople take the time to tell you what they are doing as they make things using only the old tools and methods. 

 

I can’t pinpoint what it is that draws me so. I do love history and of course, it’s everywhere there. I remember being there with my parents when I was a child, I remember Nick and I going shortly after we married and I remember taking our kids there. I feel at home when I’m there.

 

I’m a strong believer in reincarnation. I have no doubt I lived in Williamsburg in a past life and it must have been a very happy life.


More answers tomorrow. 

 

I really appreciate you guys asking questions. If anyone else has any, please send them on!

16 comments:

  1. Hi PK, I really enjoyed reading your answers, thank you so much for answering my questions. Looking forward to reading more:)

    Williamsburg looks and sounds amazing. I would love to see it.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you were visiting this way I know you'd love it. I love answering questions - I did teach for 30 years you know.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK - My question: Is there any words of wisdom that you have learned about spanking that you have would like to share with fellow spankers?
    Best,
    Enzo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by Enzo, I have your answer on my site today.

      Delete
  3. I visited Williamsburg once a life time ago... I LOVED it!! and I would love to drag Sir Steven there - and I would also love to visit New Orleans....... ahhh pipe dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made it to New Orleans, but I'll make it back to Williamsburg some day. I hope you get to visit both.

      Delete
  4. Williamsburg - always wanted to go. Maybe this fall?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll keep my eye out for Lizbeth Lyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She'll be around one of these days.

      Delete
  6. Love getting to know you better. I am so glad that you are doing March questions. Hope all is well with you and Nick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're fine here, maybe a little better than fine. I love that you are back in the blogging world.

      Delete
  7. Thanks, PK, those questions and answers got me thinking enough to post my own post asking people to ask away. I enjoyed your answers and love places like Colonial Williamsburg too!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this question and answer month may do more for blogging than Love our Lurkers day.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for answering. I remember you mentioning Colonial Williamsburg. It sounds wonderful and just the sort of place I'd love to visit.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete