Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Thinking of blogging?
Bonnie is so good at promoting new blogs. Todd and Suzy also highlight good blogs on their site. I like to go by and check out these sites once they point them out. I almost never find a new blog without someone else pointing it out to me. If you notice my blogroll is fairly short. Although there are many more good blogs I usually don’t put something on my blogroll unless I plan to go there daily.
So I got to wondering what is it that draws me to a new blog and keeps me coming back. People blog for different reasons. I blog for the interaction with other. Sex and spanking are not my only interest (honest), but that is the underlining focus of my blog because this is the only place I can openly discuss these things. And while no one should be blogging for the comments, I have to say I love comments!! I don’t care if someone agrees or disagree. I just want to talk with others. If I didn’t want comments I could just mindblog and save myself the trouble of typing.
So to those of you thinking of starting a blog or have a young one here is my advice.
• If you want to write a spanko sex blog but don’t think you will have enough to write about – jump in anyway!! All I had when I started was a ton of questions and a burning desire to talk with other who understood my desire.
• Realize it is fine to stay strictly on topic or chose to combine sexy spanking stuff with talk of kids, laundry and work. There are great blogs that have chosen each route.
• If you want comments you need to comment on other blogs. I did this for a while before I started New Beginnings. This is a great way to get to know others out here and others can follow your comments back to your blog. Eva and I began our friendship because of a comment I left on her blog before I started my own.
• And to keep those comments coming respond to your comments anytime you can! That will bring me back to a blog quicker than anything. You won’t always have time to respond to comments but when you can, do! If I go to a new blog and leave a comment a few times and there is no response I usually won’t go back – not because I’m mad or anything but there are so many great blogs, I can’t go to them all. I am going to stay with the ones where I can talk back and forth with the writer.
• And the last and certainly the most important thing for creating a successful blog – write a Fantasy Friday story and send it in!
Okay so that may not make your blog a success but do it any way!!
This is advice from someone who is not an expert at anything and certainly not blogging, but if you are thinking of starting a blog – go for it!! We do have fun out here!!