I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, May 26, 2008

My weekend

I had a good weekend. It had been along time since Mollie and I traveled just the two of us. We spent a lot of time visiting and listening to one another. We also listened to a great book on the trip ‘The Same Sweet Girls’ by Cassandra King, it’s a wonderful ‘girl friend’ book that even had some spanking in it. Although the guy was a sicko and it was not consensual it was interesting to find it in a vanilla book.

I saw my aunt. She is 95 and in a nursing home, stone deaf, and honestly seemed happy as a clam. I wrote notes and she happily rattled off answers. Sometimes remembering that family members were dead and sometimes not but she enjoyed our visit none the less.

After we visited with her I think I spent the rest of the afternoon with Cassie. Okay, I know I didn’t but let me tell you why I think so. This woman, Liz, is my aunt’s niece on the other side of the family. She is in her 60’s, a lovely elegant woman, a beautiful house on the river with moss blowing lazily in the trees by the water. I have been there many times and once Cassie began talking about the river this was always the place I thought of.

But Liz is going through a tough time. He husband has recently been diagnosed with cancer and her new roll as care giver is overwhelming her at times. I had been talking about many friends I had made on line and she seemed so interested. Now folks I can’t invite her here so do any of you know of any on line support groups for caregivers or blogs of couples that are dealing with one of them having cancer? I would love to direct her some support out here.

Later that night we went to have supper with my cousins. One is 78 and the other will be 80 soon. The 80 year old, Betty, has had numerous health problems this past year and she has been very depressed. Patty didn’t really think she would come out with us. She says she often just sits and cries and often will not talk. Well not so with us! She and Mollie spent the entire night talking and laughing. Betty used to teach school and that got her and Mollie started. Patty and I were in the other room on the computer and she was totally amazed at the laughter we heard coming from the other room. Betty even invited Mollie up stairs to her apartment and no one is EVER invited there! We really had a ball. Mollie and I didn’t get back to our hotel until midnight. Nothing like partying with a couple of wild women!

Now it’s back to work for another 9 days but freedom is on the horizon! And it won’t be long before I am on my way to Eva’s. Now don’t forget – send me ideas for sites that could help Liz.

5 comments:

  1. PK, sounds like you had a great week-end and one that Mollie will remember for a long time.
    I Googled Cancer, Care giving and came up with so much. You could start here;
    http://www.cancercaregiving.com
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like both of you had fun. You might try the National Cancer Institute on line.

    *hugs and grins*

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a nice way to spend the weekend. I am afraid I don't have any resources to add but it sounds like there are many out there. Please take care! :-) Hugs, Terpsichore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Paul I will look at all this and send some on to Liz.

    David,
    We really did have a ball. I try to go when ever we can.

    Terpsichore,
    We used to do these visits with my mom. I am glad I still get to visit with Mom's sister.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:01 PM

    PK, it sounds like you had a really great time. You got some quality time with some fabulous sounding women and it is best to enjoy these moments as much as possible when you can.

    Paul is right there are loads of places online for support. Here is one I found that seems to be a dedicated forum.

    http://forum.caregiver.com/

    Also I ran across this page that talks about caregiver burnout which your friend may find helpful too.

    http://cancer.about.com/od/howtocope/a/burnout.htm

    Hugs
    Mina

    ReplyDelete