I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, June 02, 2022

My PSA for the day

I had an interesting Tuesday, mostly good with a small problem thrown in. Nick came home around one-thirty and headed to the golf course. When he finished there, he suggested we head up the mountain to our favorite spot by the lake. The weather was perfect! We put our chairs out by the water and read a while. After leaving home with the temp at 88 degrees, we found it very pleasant up there at 69.

 


After a while we heading to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants with nice outdoor seating. That’s when the problem occurred. I hopped out of the car wearing my flip-flop type sandals and I think I stepped on one sandal with the other one and down I went. Falling is not a fun feeling at my age. I know I scared Nick more than I did myself. There seemed to be several things happening at once. I was trying to figure out if I was hurt and Nick was trying to get me up. I told Nick to wait a moment as I assessed. I was extremely lucky. There was a little scrape on my knee, another one lower on my calf and a scrub of skin off my palm. There wasn’t even any blood. I could have easily broken an arm or wrist in this type fall, and I give credit to the calcium pills I take daily.

 

In the middle of all this I found out again just how helpful my iwatch is. I have posted about it before, but this watch does a lot – tells time, helps me find my phone, keeps track of my exercise, gives me the outside temperature, is a flashlight and sets an alarm for when I need to take my meds. It also can call 911 at the push of a button, keeps up with my heart rate, checks my blood oxygen and alerts if I’m experiencing A-fib. And Tuesday night, seconds after I fell up on the screen pops up.


If I hadn’t responded it would have notified Nick and Mollie and called an emergency services, giving them my location. Five minutes later it asked again if I was okay. Let’s just say I am a big proponent of the iwatch. Although I wasn’t hurt, I’m not sure I could have gotten back on my feet on my own, so it’s giving me a little more comfort just in case there is another accident. 

 

I feel like everyone need one if possible, you, your parents who aren't getting any younger and even your grown children who might live alone. Between calling 911 with one touch to letting someone know if you crash on your bike in remote location I really think it’s worth it.

16 comments:

  1. Hi PK, sounds like a wonderful day. Shame about the tumble but very glad you only have a few minor scrapes.

    Wow, the watch is incredible. I can definitely see it being invaluable. It must give you great peace of mind.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good day. And yes I really depend on my watch for many things.

      Delete
  2. That's probably the best and most compelling argument for gettin an iwatch i've ever heard. I'll definitely consider getting this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are really tons of reasons. They aren't cheap, but cheaper than if you bought all the things it does individually.

      Delete
  3. Deena7:19 AM

    Ouch. Grateful to hear you're ok. Those falls are so scary. The rest of your walk sounds quite lovely and how nice to have that time together!

    Very cool watch! I will need to look into that for my inlaws who make me crazy nervous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think it's great for older people, but there is a learning curb to be able to use everything, but it's not really hard to learn. I'd have them for my folks if they were still around.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:36 AM

    Mine isn't an iwatch, but it does take my blood pressure, among other things. I love it. The only drawback is, the time is impossible to read if I am outdoors.

    Hope you aren't too achy today.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine will give heart rate, but not blood pressure. I'd really like that. I'm guessing some day it will give me my blood sugar too.

      Delete
  5. Oh, wow, sorry you took a hard fall, PK. I'm glad you weren't hurt too badly and that Nick was there to help you up.

    If it makes you feel any better, I ran into a thick tree branch that poked me right in the forehead and made me swear as I was mowing the lawn (around a dead tree with the mean arms)...... knocked me for a loop! I have a bruise, bumps, and scratched on my big dumb forehead.

    Those watches sound interesting...... I might research that for my dad. My mom is too stubborn to wear one, but maybe I can get her to while she is out farting around in the yard. lmao Hugs, windy
    I might look into those watches especially for my dad. I doubt I could get my

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And, no, I am not confused...... just messed up that comment. I'm fine. Really. lol

      Delete
    2. I can't even remember how many times I've done something like that on a comment or an email. I hope you can get your folks to wear one - tell them it looks a lot cooler that having a life alert neckless around their necks.

      Delete
  6. Thanks goodness you didn't hurt yourself. Sounds like ,a useful watch. Will take a look at them.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm afraid it would have been so easy to have broken something and I feel very lucky. The watches aren't cheap, but for all they do I think they are worth it.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous10:38 AM

    Well now, that is interesting with the iWatch. I didn't know that....smart move apple!

    I am glad it was just scrapes. I know if it was me, it would have been a break....sigh. The technical medical term for that type of fall, by the way is "FOOSH" Fall On OutStretched Hand.....doctors use it all the time. It makes me giggle every time I hear it, so I thought you might like the giggle as well.

    hugs
    boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the name! There needs to be something fun about a fall. I really am impressed with the watch. I found out that when you put in your birthday when you're setting it up, if you are over 65 the fall detector is automatically on, if you're younger you have to turn it on. I guess they are taking care of us old folks.

      Delete