I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, May 30, 2022

I didn't see this coming

It all began with a phone call from LJ. He’s been very unhappy with his job. This was a job he sought with great enthusiasm a couple of years ago and he was so very happy to get it. But sadly, it didn’t work out as he’d hoped. It began well enough, but once the park was up and going every department’s budget was slashed nearly in half and LJ has struggled to make it work. But he no longer had the funds to hire enough people to make the park run smoothly and safely.  



His supervisor will not take any of LJ suggestion or acknowledge the boys experience in running a raised park. After giving it much thought my boys began a job search, feeling he just couldn’t stay on past this summer if things didn’t change.

 

Last week he and his supervisor got into a verbal argument. The man was saying, “It looks to me like you have plenty of people out here to do the job. 

 

LJ explained that yes he did, but that several would soon be taking their breaks and he would be very short handed.  

 

Supervisor: Why do they have to take breaks?

 

Probably after giving him an incredulous look, LJ answered.

 

LJ: Because they need breaks after standing in the freezing cold, or the hot sun. Because it’s written in our policy handbook and because legally, we are required to give them breaks.

 

They went back and forth a bit, the supervisor saying they didn’t really need breaks and they should be cut out and LJ trying to protect his team and adhere to their policies and the law. Finally, LJ walked away. Later that same day people from LJ's staff came to him to tell him the supervisor was talking to others saying unkind and false thing about LJ.

 

At that point LJ contacted human resources and asked for a meeting for this past Monday. Monday morning came and HR requested that the meeting be moved to Tuesday afternoon. LJ said fine. Tuesday morning, before the scheduled meeting, LJ was called to the supervisor’s office and fired.


WHAT?

 

LJ’s never been fired from any job before. At The High Line he was promoted five times in ten years. He's pretty much in shock. He definitely wanted to leave, but he planned to have a job first. NYC is not a place you can live without a job.

 

Because this all seems a little shady – 

 

·      boss asked you to do something illegal

·      you refuse and ask to speak with HR

·      before you can have that meeting you’re fired


LJ is talking with a lawyer. He’s not interested in suing for millions, but he was given one month’s severance and he feel four months would be fair. We are not the 'suing people' type and lawyers are foreign to us. But I think he will try to get the lawyer to put all of this into a letter to the company showing them how it looks and perhaps they will be fair.

 

LJ told me about all this on Saturday, he said, “Sorry Mom, I would have told you sooner but it happened on the same day at the school shooting and I didn’t want to throw any more on you.”

I will take any good thoughts or prayers that you might have for him to find a good job soon. At least they are not paying rent at the moment. You can read about that here. The owner has done nothing and they are still paying no rent.

14 comments:

  1. This made me both sad and mad! Poor LJ, I feel for him. If you ask me the wrong person was fired!!

    Good on LJ talking to a lawyer. This is grossly unfair. Sending positive vibes.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the wrong person was fired. LJ will land on his feet but I hate he has to go through this.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous10:03 AM

    That sounds unbelievably unfair! I hope he gets a good result. I know it's really hard for you to know he's going through this. My thoughts are with both of you. Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie, it was unfair. I hope he sees it through with the lawyer. I'll encourage him, but it's his fight. Thank you for your support.

      Delete
  3. That's terrible. Absolutely terrible. And it's so hard when your kids go through something that you can't fix. I hope things work out properly for LJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know he's an adult and he doesn't need my help, but you're right. It's always hard when your kid is going though hard time.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:12 AM

    That's totally wrong and I think HR should have stepped in.
    I hope LJ finds something soon and he gets a result from the company.
    In my opinion, it's the supervisor that should be fired.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. HR should have stepped in, especially since he had ask for a meeting already. And from other things LJ has told me, you're right about the supervisor too.

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry to hear this. That is some major stress for LJ and you as I know you worry. His former boss is quite the jerk it seems. We mistakenly think that HR is for the employees, but more often than not, they stand with the bosses against the employees. That sucks!

    I will keep LJ in my prayers that he finds something wonderful soon. Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming by. He's my son I can't help but worry but something tells me it's going to work out okay for him.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1:55 PM

    Sometimes I am ashamed to say I worked in Human Resources. Seriously, some of the crap they pull is ridiculous. I am glad LJ is seeking a lawyer, because yeah, that was shady and illegal. I am sorry his world is reeling though. Nothing like the feeling of having your whole foundation ripped out from under you. Just make sure he knows, he did nothing wrong. It isn't him.
    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope it all works out well and that it works out fast. Thanks for coming by, it helps when others understand.

      Delete
  7. Deena7:15 AM

    Wow. Reading this made my blood boil. I am so sorry to hear this craziness and very glad he is speaking to a lawyer. What a wonderful young man you've raised, to speak up for his employees and to know his (and their) legal rights. I hope it gets resolved quickly in his favor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy I hope so too. LJ calls every week and I'm grateful, but if it were Mollie she would call twice a day and text through out the day so I'd be updated minute by minute. Boys are different.

      Delete