I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, June 09, 2022

I wonder if Dad was right

I know they call it the happiest place on earth. I think my dad believed that and I’m pretty sure both my kids would agree. Mollie already has a trip planned for this summer. I agree in part. I love to visit Disney World, I even got to go to Disneyland as a kid. Disney’s great. But it’s not my favorite place to vacation.



Disney World is a lot closer for me – but it’s very hot and very crowded. I hope to go again, but it won’t be a yearly thing like Mollie. I saw some fun Disney facts today I thought I’d share.

 

·      There is a jail on the property for unruly visitors.

 

·      Walt Disney decided on trashcan placements by purchasing a hotdog and eating it as he walked. When he got finished, he said, “Here’s a good spot for a trashcan” and all the cans are approximately that far apart.



·      They overestimate the expected wait time for each ride, so you feel like you’re ahead of the game.

 

·      Don’t try to leave cremated ashes there – they will just be swept up and thrown away and you’ll get a lifetime ban.



·      They use liquid garlic to keep mosquitos away – just under the amount where we would smell it, but the mosquitos can.

 

·      Each evening after the guest leave, a large group of cats are released in the park to keep down the vermin population. They didn’t say how they got then all to come back in.



·      Images of Micky are hidden everywhere on the property.


 

My dad really did love the place and one of the things he wondered about was, in a few thousand years archaeologist dig up Disney World, what would they decide it was? A village, no real homes there. A school, possibly, still no places for students to live. Would they guess that it was strictly for amusement, entertainment? I’m sure it would make them curious.

 

But I do remember one thing Dad use to say, “When they find the place it’s going to confuse them. And there is only one thing that they’ll know for sure - that society definitely worshiped mice.”

 

 

6 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to visit Disneyland. Some fun, interesting facts PK. I love your Dad's comment about society worshipping mice lol.

    This post is funny timing. I just saw a story about a Disney staffing ruining a marriage proposal taking the ring and telling the couple they couldn't use that spot.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love Daddy's statement! I just had someone let me know that most of my 'facts' aren't correct. So my apologies - but I guess they were good for a giggle.

      Delete
  2. Fun post! I'm imagining hiring the cat herding staff and what qualifications you'd need. It can't be an easy job.
    Mosquitoes make me sad. I wonder if liquid garlic is actually that effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I'd like to apply for the job of cat wrangler! Found out they nether use cats nor garlic. But I may try a little liquid garlic this summer just to see.

      Delete
  3. Fun facts - thanks for sharing. :-) I went once as a child camping with my brothers and parents and once as an adult with my family. It was fun and I have good memories from both, and maybe I would go again...but it is definitely not a yearly wish for me. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great place and so much fun! I'm like you - not every year.

      Delete