I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Flowers, fractures and friends

Here's what I've been working on at home. I'm trying to brighten up the place a little. 



Meanwhile, my mind is really on this. Collin's surgery is tomorrow morning.



But tell me - how did he break one bone near his knee and the other one near his ankle? Here's what Collin had to say about his accident.

Still thinking about the two guys who magically appeared when I fell down those subway stairs. They basically stopped their own mornings to help a fellow New Yorker in need. One of them called 911 while the other continued to divert the herds of rush hour commuters around a complete stranger who needed help and could not move. They stayed with me for over half an hour until the EMTs arrived. Then as quickly as they’d appeared, they were gone.

I’m kind of amazed, but not really. That’s just how we do it here.
Thanks to everyone who has showered me with sympathy, well wishes, and offers to help however you can. It reminds me of what real community is. It’s been very uncomfortable the past couple days, but I’m determined to heal and get back to life very soon.

6 comments:

  1. Hi PK, the plants look so lovely:)

    What a lovely message from Colin too. I'm so glad that complete strangers stepped in to help when he needed it and stayed with him for support. Wishing him the very best for the surgery. Hope all goes well.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things like this make me feel much better about NYC and the boys living there.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4:43 AM

    I love the look of your plants. I put some in a couple of weeks ago but they don't seem to be doing very well.

    Lovely message from Colin. Two strangers coming to his rescue and staying with him was so good of them. That wouldn't happen in a lot of cites. I hope Colin's surgery went.well.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy having the flowers, but I have to do a lot of watering. I love that strangers helped Robert. Now I wish the doctors would.

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are amazing! So colourful and vibrant.

    Maybe Collin twisted his leg when he fell, to cause the two breaks so far apart. It must be so painful for him, but bravo to the two good Samaritans who helped him.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that they stopped to help. The flowers do brighten the place up.

      Delete