I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, June 06, 2022

Hoping for many, many more.

 

This is a special weekend for us. We’re celebrating our thirty-ninth wedding anniversary. With two years of dating beforehand we’ve been together over forty years. Not bad for this day and age. We have a good marriage and I love this man very much. 


Although we don't pay much attention to presents, several years ago, I mentioned to Nick that I would like a new wedding band. We picked out my first one when I was twenty-six. I loved it at the time, and I've wore it since out wedding day. It’s only been off for surgeries. 


But my tastes have changed over time and I asked for a new for our thirty-fifth. Nick was all for it, but I had to find what I wanted.

 

Hmm… what did I want? I didn’t really know. Lots of my friends were getting big flashy diamonds. They were truly beautiful, but they just weren’t me. 



I didn’t look hard, but sometimes if I was passing by a jewelry store, I’d pop in. Nothing struck my fancy. Everything seemed too… big. I wanted something with a low profile, beautiful, but simple.

 

Year thirty-five came and went, as did years thirty-six and thirty-seven, still nothing. For a while I looked at something like this. 



I liked the simplicity, but I couldn’t decide and I kept looking. Then this year, coming up on thirty-nine, I saw it. We have a family in our church with a jewelry store. Their daughter, about Mollie’s age, is in charge of their FB page and she had showcased the ring. I had to go in and see it for myself. It was even more lovely in person. But the price made me pause. It really wasn’t a crazy amount but I’m someone who has rarely in my life spent more than $20 on a piece of jewelry. I just wasn’t sure.

 

I talked to Mollie about it and I liked what she said. “Okay, think about it Mom. You’ll probably be gone in forty or fifty years, (being sixty-five I feel she is being a bit optimistic, but whatever.) When you go you can leave a slightly fatter bank account, or you can leave a ring that you love and have worn for years to your favorite daughter.” I kind of like the way the girl thinks.

 

When I repeated this to Nick, his comment was, “I bet she secretly works on commission.”

 

I now have a new wedding band – exactly what I wanted - delicate, sparkly, simple yet beautiful. What do you think?










11 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your wedding anniversary PK! Hope you have a lovely celebration. The ring is absolutely gorgeous:)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. It was a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Gratz! its such a beautiful ring. Understated, yet totally elegant and delicate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's what I was looking for.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your anniversary! The ring is so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It seems like a lot of time, but yet it doesn't.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous4:54 AM

    It's beautiful. Congratulations to you both.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:35 AM

    Ooh, it's gorgeous! I love it. Happy anniversary to you both.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I loved it when I first saw it! It was a fine anniversary.

      Delete
  6. beautiful! happy anniversary! :-) ♥

    ReplyDelete