I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Interesting 24 hours

Yes this has been an interesting 24 hours. Mollie invited her cousin over Saturday afternoon to watch Benjamin Button. When it went off and she was getting ready to talk him home the sky was looking a little dark so I told them to wait a while. It started raining hard but not horribly. Dan called his mom to see how it was over at his house and she said it was pretty bad and to wait a little longer. Fifteen minutes later my SIL called back to tell Mollie not to come at all, she would come get Dan when it let up. By this time the storm was nasty at our house. Another 10 minutes passed and SIL called and said she didn’t want to try it and was sending my BIL. I told her to forget it and just let Dan spend the night, no big deal.

But before I told her that he had already headed out, crossed over the flooded bridge near their house and talked to his mom who was frightened about the rising water in her yard. Their house is by a creek and the water sometimes up in the yard but even the worse flooding we have ever had here, back in the 40’s wouldn’t have gotten in the house. But Nick’s mom was still worried she told my BIL “Every time I look out the window it’s coming up a little higher.” He gave her great advice “Stop looking out the window!” The weather did finally calm down and all was well at each house.

I always stay up late and I stay up very late when Nick is away. About 1:30 am the dog was barking to get in, I thought, so I went to let him in. Looking out to the road I was startled to see people – lots of people. Looking closer I saw that it was 6 to 8 police officers walking down the middle of our road with a big dog on a leash. A police car was following behind them with its light flashing. I closed the door and watched from the window. Creepy!! With the dog I had to think that they were looking for someone. I rechecked all the locks on the doors and even put a chair under the door knob on the basement door – we have a doggie door in the basement and I wanted the upstairs door a little more secure. What a night for Nick to be away!

But I finally got in bed around 2 only to lay there awake until after 3. I hate sleeping without Nick anyway. But I finally nodded off only to have the dog start barking before 4 to get back out. So I let the dog out and lay awake again until nearly 5 when I drifted off again only to have the damn dog start barking again around 5:30!! Would anyone like a dog?

But I did survive the night and spent a good long time Sunday afternoon napping. Nick came home around supper time looking a little rough. He was sun burnt and his legs were scratch up badly. But then the poor man took off his shoes, his poor feet! His big toe is black and blue on one foot and the side of his other foot is badly bruised too. He hurt them on the golf course trying to jump across a small creek. His foot slipped on take off he told me. Seeing his feel and scratches I had to say “Nick, I never realized golf was a contact sport!” To which he replied “It is the way we play it!”

LOL! All I can say is that I am glad I have my husband back!

6 comments:

  1. PK, I have nights like that with my dogs, not too often I'm pleased to say.
    Never had that sort of problem here,
    Occasionally in London as there was a prison about a mile down the road and a 'secure' hospital even closer.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PK, I hope you get caught up on sleep. Did you ever find out who they were searching for? Meow

    ReplyDelete
  3. PK - quite worrying seeing all the police, did you find out what they were looking for?

    Your like me I'm never in bed before midnight.

    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, my doggies cans sure be the same... keep you up all night... and I hate being alone in bed to... I really really do...

    and yep, id you find out what the fuzz was all about...

    love, Lessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably would not have slept till sun up if I saw the police out with search dogs. I hate being home with out my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Paul,
    This was the first time I have seen police looking around that close to our house. As for the dog usually Nick or Mollie let him in or out and usually I never hear him.

    Meow,
    Don't know who they were looking for or if they were caught. I think I'm good on sleep now.

    Ronnie,
    Glad to find another night owl. Now if we just lived closer on the planet we could talk late!

    Lessa,
    We slept for 23 years barely touching but now we sleep all curled up together and I love it. And I do miss it when he's gone.

    Yaya,
    It takes a lot to shake me up. At least I knew the police were on it!

    ReplyDelete