I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Count down for Suspicions on the River!

I don’t know about you, but I feel I’ve been waiting a long time for another Cassie book to be out in the world. And now it’s nearly time. It’s supposed to be live Thursday, but I never know if that means midnight or late in the day. So be watching, I’ll post the link as soon as I have it.


 

Here is just a little taste…

 

      Jenny threw her bike to the ground as she reached Cassie’s deck. She started for the stairs when she heard Cassie calling to her from the lawn.

“Honey, what’s wrong?” Cassie cried.

She ran to where Cassie sat on the swing overlooking the river. Then Jenny let go and cried as Cassie hugged her close. 

“What is it, Jenny? Oh, honey, tell Cassie what’s happened. It’s going to be all right,” Cassie murmured as she hugged the girl and gently rubbed her back. She let her cry a few more minutes before taking her shoulders and saying, “That’s enough. Tell me what’s happened.”

“It’s Cal!” Jenny wailed. 

Well, that’s no surprise, Cassie thought. “What’s he done now?”

“He’s seeing someone else!” Jenny blurted out with fresh tears. 

Cassie gaped at the girl in surprise. “No, he’s not,” Cassie said firmly. Although there was often friction between Cal and his surrogate mother-in-law, his complete love and loyalty to Jenny was something Cassie did not question.

“Now stop crying and tell me why on earth you would think that.”

“Cal dated this woman, Pat, before he met me. They dated for three years and lived together. After they broke up she got married and moved away, but now she’s divorced and she’s back here.”

“For goodness sakes! That doesn’t mean anything,” Cassie told her.

     “Cassie! He took her out to lunch and he never said a word to me about it. And I met her today at Elly’s – she’s gorgeous! She’s perfect. Tall, blonde and sophisticated. I felt like a stupid little kid around her. And Elly seemed to love her and Lane does too. I’m going to lose them all!” Fresh sobs burst from Jenny.

 

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo, congratulations on the impending new release PK! Looking very much forward to it :)

    Oh dear, poor Jenny. You can understand why that would make her feel a little insecure.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited! Yes, Jenny was pretty upset.

      Delete
  2. You must feel such a sense of accomplishment each time a new book comes out ! Good on you PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel good. Thanks for coming by.

      Delete
  3. can't wait to read it!!! :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terps, I hope you like it.

      Delete