I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, March 03, 2022

Better weather coming... I hope

I really enjoyed getting out and walking some today. It was 73 degrees and sunny. I had on long pants but shorts would have felt great. I know it’s not spring yet, but it still felt good. I hope warm weather is coming soon because Mollie has no heat. Her furnace stopped the other day. Grateful she does have a kerosene heater. She said the other day she felt like Little House on the Prairie getting up each morning and lighting the fire in this heater.



She called someone to come look at it, but of course she really couldn’t be there. I told her I’d be happy to come and be there to talk with them. The young man seemed very nice, but she needs a part. It all should be under warranty, but somehow that’s screwed by the people who sold her the house and anyway she'll have to pay for it. It’s going to be over $1,700 and that’s not fun for a single schoolteacher. She knows we’d help, but she says that’s not the way things are supposed to work. She has the money in savings, thank goodness, but I know that’s not how she hoped to spend it. In addition to this expense, they also told her that the part would usually come in within two weeks in the past, but now it could be anywhere from four and six months. I guess this is the world we’re living in at the moment.

 

While I was at her house, I got to spend some time with my granddogs. The oldest one is about four, and is such a sweet, delightful dog. And then there is the puppy. She is about a year old and, well let’s just say this picture is very accurate and we still have a long way to go…










12 comments:

  1. Hi PK, oh no, poor Mollie, that really sucks. Four to six months! I so hope it is fixed much quicker than that!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! But with shipping delays, who knows?

      Delete
  2. Gosh that's a lot of money to have it fixed. Have you tried someone else, maybe cheaper and could get the part sooner?

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's talked to several over the years - this system has caused her lots of trouble - these people have treated her the best.

      Delete
  3. ohhhhhhh poor Mollie - no heat AND a huge repair bill... I'd die if that happened here... it's -20 here STILL which is about -4 in Fahrenheit... I could use some of your 70's .. wanna package it up and send it up here?? (grinning)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going to be in the mid-70's, (21 C) low 80's for the next week. You are more than welcome to visit! This will help Mollie on the heat at the moment, but not with the money.

      Delete
  4. Wow, not the best circumstances to be at, even if it's towards the end of winter. Hopefully, the part comes in before summer begins. So much money put into these things and then to have to wait so long to get the part to fix it. Ugh!

    I love your puppy analogy! It's spot on.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mollie has way of keeping warm, but it's going to get hot eventually and that's tough to deal with here without A/C.

      I love both of Mollie's dogs. But the puppy helps me remember that I don't want a puppy!

      Delete
  5. GAWDS that sounds terrible - i hate it when the house surprises me with Bills I wasn't prepared for! Hope it gets sorted as painlessly as possible and it arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's tough for her on a teacher's salary. But all of us hate unexpected bills.

      Delete
  6. LOL! WE have one of those velociraptors in our house. We have to wait another two years? Aargh!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! They are just wonderful - when you don't feel like strangling them!

      Delete