I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

I didn't want to be mom then

I love being a mom, but there are times I don’t want to be Mom. And that happened yesterday. It was better when if one of the kids was hurt, a snuggle and a kiss on whatever boo boo they had would solve all problems. I got a call from LJ yesterday morning. I knew something was up. He calls every week, but always on Sunday afternoons. He was calling with a pet question. Yes, I was a veterinary technician in the past, but they don’t seem to realize that that was nearly forty years ago.


His cat, Easter, is very old, very thin, eats very little and recently he said she has stopped eating at all and begun throwing up. He said that she seemed disoriented and wasn’t able to walk well. He said that her last trip to the vet was so traumatic for her that he had promised himself he would never put her through it again. But he wanted my advice – what should he do?


Ugg – I didn’t want to be mom right then. I did know from my vet days that it was probably liver failure and that at the age of fifteen or so, nothing the vet could do would really make her feel good again. And as much as he loved this cat he had gotten when he was in college and had lived with in NY for all his time there, the time had probably come.


He knew that and he was resigned to it. I think he just wanted his mom to tell him it was the right decision. In the city, you call someone to your home to do this for you. Less fear and drama for the pet – just as hard on the owner. But he had it done last night and then texted me to let me know she was gone and that he and Collin were alright and he said he loved me. It’s really hard to live a long way from your kids when you know they need that hug as much as you want to give it.




8 comments:

  1. Aww PK, I'm so sorry to read this. Losing a pet is so hard, they are such a part of our lives. I think LJ just needed your support and confirmation that he was doing the right thing, and you gave him that.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right. When you're making that important of a decision it helps to have someone tell you you're right.

      Delete
  2. ohhhhhhhh PK my heart breaks for all of you !! That phone call must have been so hard to listen to and then to find the right response..... so sad.

    I was impressed that they came to the house - gives a whole new meaning to dying at home doesn't it? As far as I know they don't offer that here... I know when I had to put Miss Ashes down we had to go to the clinic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was hard to talk with him, but I was so glad he called anyway. I think a lot of vet will come to the home if you call and ask. I'm sure it's not cheap. With my connections to get what I need I've personally put down our last five pets when the time came. They were home with us and surrounded by love. It was much easier on me.

      Delete
  3. So sorry for LJ and Collin. Losing a fur baby is heart wrenching even when you know you've done the right thing.
    When we had to put our Sunny Girl down the vet came to the house - what a blessing. Wish all vets would do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it was hard for them, but they did the right thing. I think a lot of vets will do that these days, all should.

      Delete
  4. Aww, I'm sorry about LJ's kitty. That is a hard mom spot to be in for sure, but you did the right thing as a former vet tech and a mom! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't change anything we said. I just wish I could have been there for the hug.

      Delete