I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, November 30, 2020

Well that was fun!


We had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Nope it wasn’t as large as usual but it really was fun. Mollie came Tuesday night – fresh from a negative covid test, so she felt less nervous being around us. 

 

Like many of you I was happy to see my grandkids! And at least one of them was happy to see me. The cat still hates me but for the first time she did refrain from drawing blood on this visit.



Dinner was great and we all had a hand in it. I got the steaks and marinade them to perfection. Mollie got the crab legs and I could tell she knew what she was doing, so I just observed. I took care of the sides and made the pumpkin pie and Nick cooked the steaks.

 

I asked Mollie if she would like to use the good china. “Heck no!” she told me. “With cracking crab legs and throwing elbows, we’d be sure to break something. Let’s keep it simple.” So we did and it was great. Mollie is the crab leg champ and worked patiently to show Nick and me how to dig in and find all the delicious meat.

 


I’ve got most of the Christmas decorations up and the house looks very festive. Nick and I went Saturday to help decorate our church. We’re still only attending on line, but the Chrismom tree adds to the season, even on screen. (These Chrismom – yes, that’s spelled right, decoration were made my mother’s generation and each have a special meaning. They are very beautiful.)

 

Now as I write this Mollie has headed home with her critters, and my cat is thrilled with that piece of news! 



 Nick is playing golf and I’m sitting peacefully in my writing room, with my cat and we are enjoying the tree. I love seeing any and all of my family when I can. I enjoy the extra noise and chaos, but I also love the return of the quiet empty nest Nick and I are used to. 

 

I hope each of you enjoyed your Thanksgiving as much as we enjoyed ours.

8 comments:

  1. Hi PK, glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and celebration with Mollie. Love the pics of the fur babies. I bet your cat is glad Mollie's babies have gone lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cat is thrilled that her 'nieces' are gone! But there is no fighting or anything. It was a great Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. what a lovely Thanksgiving you had!! must have done your heart good :)

    BUT I have to say - playing golf at the end of November ?? you definitely don't live in the Great White North (grinning)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! We do not. It was 69 degrees and Nick played in short sleeves. He said it was near perfect. If you wait to hit the right few days you can play some every month of the year here.

      Delete
  3. I wish I had crab legs! I love them so much!
    Your Thanksgiving sounded perfect including those granfurbabies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! The crab legs were great, but the steak was my favorite.

      Delete
  4. Happy to hear you had such a nice Thanksgiving! That steak looks seriously yummy (butcher's daughter - I notice meat :)!!!). Having a festive house seems like it would spirit-lifting! Enjoy the holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun and the steaks were great! I'll never be a great decorator. It's not like the pictures you see in magazines, but it suits us and I guess that's all that matters.

      Delete