I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, November 09, 2020

Is trying for a spanking relationship worth it even if it doesn’t last?

That thought has been on my mind a lot lately. I’ve met many people, couples, though my fourteen years of blogging. I’ve been close enough to have personal/email relationships with more than thirty couples over these years and I've met about a dozen in person. But of that largest group less than a handful still incorporate spanking into their relationship. 

 

My hat’s off to those who have been able to keep it alive. Bonnie, Ronnie, Hermione come to mind first. And I’ve wondered how they’ve done it. As I’ve thought about it I believe this come from the fact that both people in the relationship are spankos. I’ve come to believe that that’s the only way it can happen. 


 

It doesn’t matter how rabid a spanko you are – one spanko can’t keep the lifestyle going by themselves. No one could be more into the love of the lifestyle than me. I made up spanking stories by the time I was four. Rarely a day of my life when by that I didn’t spend part of it daydreaming about spanking. 

 

But it was only daydreams until twenty-three years in to my marriage at the age of forty-nine that I found blogs and like minded friends. These friends gave me the courage to come out to Nick. And... 

 

OMG!

 

The next few years were the happiest I’d ever know! Friends at church and work wanted to know what in the world had happened. Several asked if I was taking ‘happy’ pills. One fellow teacher commented, “I don’t think we could slap the smile off your face! What gives?” They never found out, of course, but the change was phenomenal.

 

Our sex life went from the missionary position occasionally to anything goes, bring on the sex toys! For me personally I had everything I’d ever dreamed of.

 

But nothing was ever going to change the fact that it wasn’t the lifestyle Nick wanted. He tried! Bless his heart, no one could have tried harder. But he wasn’t a spanko and he could no more change and be one, than I could change and not be one.

 

We kept up the trying on and off for ten years. I think that shows how willing he was. Toward the end I even wrote a whole book, Returning to Us, trying to explain what I wanted and needed. The couple mirrored Nick and I as closely as I could make them, but by then I guess it was too late.  Finally it was me that gave up. The trying was hurting me. Nick still brings it up occasionally, still spanks a little. But I’d just as soon he didn’t. It’s just a game and the ‘game’ never interested me. I simply went back to what I’d been doing the first forty-nine years of enjoying my spanking fantasies in my head.

 

But, back to my original question – Was it worth it to try?

 

YES!

 

Because we tried this lifestyle for a time we are closer than we were before. Out sex life is better than it was before. I’ll never have the regret of saying to myself when I’m in my eighties, ‘Why didn’t I try it for real?’ I have met amazing friend with whom I can discuss the joys of the spanking lifestyle and it lead me to write my books. They bring me great joy. And I have such love and affection for a husband who was so willing to try this strange request his wife brought to him. Yes, yes, yes – everything is better because we tried.

 

So if you are a spanko, please come out and tell your partner. Go in with the understanding that it probably won’t last your whole life – but boy, it will be great while you're trying. And you never know, it could last for months, years or even a lifetime. Just know that the trying is worth it!

 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Pk, wow, what a awesome post! Yes, yes, yes, it is definitely worth it!

    Our relationship has gone through many changes over the years. There have been times our spanking relationship was strong and as you know, it dwindled to pretty much non-existen, which is where we are now.

    In our case, we both enjoy the lifestyle so why it disappeared I don't know. I think to a great extent life does get in the way.

    As we both enjoy the lifestyle, there is the occasional spanking, just this last weekend in fact :) However, nowdays any spanking is purely for fun. The power dynamic we had years ago now only emerges for fun.

    We too have found many of the benefits we gained from our spanking relationship have gained. Better communication, intimacy and sex and we remain closer than we were before we began spanking.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, I've always thought that our experiences have been pretty similar. Not exactly the dream of our youth. But a wonderful, experience none the less.

      Delete
  2. PK,
    It's wonderful that you and your hubby could have this for however long it lasted.

    I do think both partners to have the spanking kink in order for it to be long lasting. Maybe only one of them brings up the idea in the first place, but it works great when the other one gets on board.

    The things outside our spanking relationship have always gotten in our way. Sometimes it's our personalities and sometimes it's just life events that are extremely challenging. But, I do know that Storm and I both enjoy the extra intimacy that comes along when we get into the swing of things, pun intended. A tap/pat/smack on my rear has lots of meaning behind and is that underlying secret that only he and I (and blogland!) know. Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's been great about it, but if I could have only have opened my head and he could have really understood... but, it never happened.

      But the little things you mentioned, the pat on the butt or the look from across the room are more important than they know.

      Delete
  3. Deena9:40 AM

    My husband says he does not remember that I had approached him with this years ago when there was lots of info on blogland (where I was a lurker) and I armed myself with convincing reasons as to why we should enter this lifestyle. I received such a flat out, rather mean rejection - that I was mortified. I stopped reading blogs cuz it was simply painful.

    Fast forward many years later and I felt compelled to bring it up again. I was completely surprised when he said ok. We started very very slowly. We now have our own version that is still evoloving but works for us. My spanko leanings are significantly stronger than his, but he is on the spectrum so that is helpful. He also has reaped some benefits. My personal anxiety has gone down significantly and our relationship is closer - physically and emotionally.

    Our "way" is not the way I pictured it but it is the way that works for both of us. Once I finally got the "ideal" out of my head and allowed it to grow naturally with him leading the way, we settled into our groove.

    So I am grateful to you and other bloggers who have been so willing to share. Changed our marriage for sure. Wishing you all good health and lots of love and peace in your worlds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were very courageous to bring it up a second time. I so understand about the lifestyles ability to lessen our anxiety and stress.

      Maybe you have hit on my problem - I've never been able to let go of the 'ideal.' I know I spend too much time in my head. I'm most comfortable there and I can't seem to bring myself to leave.

      I really appreciate those of you who have come by and commented.

      Delete
  4. Like you, I have always been a spanko. Sometimes it is difficult to not be in a spanking relationship while still hoping and fantasizing about it being real. Still, I have no regrets. I am grateful that I shared my secret desires with my husband. It brought us closer, more intimate, built our trust and communication, and made us stronger. My husband will still spank for fun as foreplay, but even that is far and few between. I don't know what the future will bring - in a few years we will have any empty nest, and who knows, maybe his libido will return and the spanking will come back along with it. I am not ready to give up hope, even though sometimes I think it would be easier if I did. For now I choose to remain hopeful. I do think a relationship in which both are spankos would have its benefits, but I love my husband and know he loves me...and that is just where we are right now. :-) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're very much alike. Most importantly, we love our husbands. Everything got better when we shared our desires. It's not perfect, but way better. I wish you the best of luck. I don't have hope for a spanking lifestyle anymore. But I have no doubt I'll continue to have a happy marriage.

      Delete