I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

No cooking, no cleaning

I should be cleaning house, but as you can tell, I’m trying to write a post. My house isn’t horrible, but I’m wondering if it will ever get ‘clean.’ You know what I mean, all the rooms clean at once. 



I usually do a deep clean twice a year. And of course, like many, this is only when company is coming.  I clean for my family reunion in August and when the boys come home for Christmas, usually in January.

 

But this year because of several wedding, we didn’t get together here for the reunion – no deep cleaning. And then I get the news that the boys aren’t coming for Christmas this year. I’m disappointed, but I understand. They've come for Christmas for the past eleven years. We’ve gotten to see them twice in the past two months and the biggest reason is that their cat is very old and not well at all. They just don’t want to leave him at this time and I’d be the same way if it were my ‘baby.'


As much as I want to see my boys for Christmas, I’ve tried to look on the bright side. The best part is, I don’t have to clean!



I have one guest room and one junk room with a fold out sofa. When all the kids are home, Mollie takes that room, but for the rest of the year it’s where I put ‘stuff’ that I don’t need but am not willing to part with for some strange reason. It doesn’t take long to fill up. Now I can close the door and forget about it for another year.

 

I also don’t have to host the large dinner that we invite my sister and her family to. I don’t have to think of vegetarian dishes for Collin. My sister has invited us all to her place. I’m off the hook for cleaning and cooking and that part thrills me.


(Sister does it fancier than me.)

I’m still looking forward to our Christmas celebration. Mollie will come and stay and bring the dogs (cats aren’t too thrilled, but…) We’ll get to see sister’s family and we’ll face time with the boys. Now I just get have to get the packages mailed on time.

4 comments:

  1. Hi PK, I'm sorry to hear the boys won't be coming home for Christmas this year. Silver linings though I guess with your sister also hosting Christmas.

    No cooking and cleaning sounds wonderful! Sounds like you will have a more relaxed Christmas which I'm hoping equals more enjoyable. I usually spend part of my holiday time over Christmas and new year doing some deep cleaning.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think it will be relaxing and I still get to seem family. All that is good.

      Delete
  2. PK, sorry to wont be seeing the boys this Christmas. Good that you can hace facetime with them.

    I like the sound of someone else doing the Christma cooking. A lovely relaxing holiday for you.

    LOve,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would still like the cleaning fairies to come clean the house. That would be a great gift. But I really like my sister's cooking.

      Delete