I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Bullet has a home

It’s taken a while to get worked out, but my FIL’s dog, Bullet, is now in the perfect home. I wrote about Bullet here shortly after FIL died. None of the five kids had a suitable place for this sweet dog. We couldn’t think of anywhere he would truly be happy out of the valley he seemed to own.

For the past six months one of us has driven up each day to check on him, visit a little and feed him. On our trips up there, we also found out that many of the neighbors were stopping by with daily treats. The majority of church members from FIL’s church brought him little tidbits each Sunday and he happily sat on the church porch to greet and thank church members each week. 

But the house is now sold. As of yesterday. A young couple, who has family in the valley, was willing to buy the house ‘as is.’ And let me tell you – that ain’t great. I don’t think that there is a square inch of the house that doesn’t need major work, plumbing, electrical, well/water issues... it’s just a very old house and FIL didn’t believe in fixing things up or trying to make them pretty. I love the ten acres that come with it, but if I was going to buy it the first thing I’d do would be to tear down the house and start over.

When we talked to the young couple Nick’s sister teasingly told them that ‘as is’ meant that we still all met there to eat lunch every Sunday. The young man grinned and said, “We both work on Sundays. Y’all come on.” We went on to add, and of course Bullet come with the house too, still teasing. But the couple smiled and said, “Of course Bullets welcome to stay.” The young man adding, "I’ve known Bullet since I was a kid. He’s part of the valley.”

Now really what could be better for him?

We’re all happy that it sold and so happy for Bullet, but Sunday when we had our ‘last’ lunch there it was pretty sad. That piece of land has been in their family for over a hundred years. It’s where I’ve eaten lunch nearly every Sunday for over forty years. And the family has been closer because of it. There were lots of tears. Mollie was there the Sunday before last but she wouldn’t go up this Sunday. I’m not sure it’s really going to hit everyone until Christmas eve. I just can’t imagine being anywhere else. So many memories.

6 comments:

  1. Hi PK, the sale of the house must be mixed for you, so many memories. However, it's such a wonderful outcome for Bullet, and I am sure you will continue to visit :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel strange to know the house belongs to someone else. But I'm really happy for Bullet. I think he's going to love having people around all the time.

      Delete
  2. I am very relieved for Bullet. He will be much loved.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. I was a little worried about him and now I know he's going to be happy with a family around him.

      Delete
  3. Sunny Girl9:31 AM

    So glad Bullet gets to stay in the home (valley). Maybe one of the family will host everyone for Christmas Eve.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure something like that will happen - but only two home are large enough, and mine's not one of them. But we'll fine somewhere. Bullet does seem happy.

      Delete