I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, April 05, 2022

Speaking of lesbian vampire cowboy shifters...

I met a group of interesting women this weekend. They were individuals, all living within hour and a half of one another, who write. None of us had ever met before but somehow we all knew someone who knew someone and we decided to get together and talk.


I used to be a little uncomfortable talking with other writers like this. I always wondered what they would think of what I write. Trust me I no longer care. In my opinion what they wrote was kinda out there too. 


One was writing about cowboys in space, because she like science fiction. She said it took a lot less research than writing about real cowboys – not a bad point.

 

Another wrote about lesbian vampires. Might not be my thing to write about but she was fun to talk to. And the last lady also wrote about shape shifters – bears, not wolves. 



So while I was still the ‘odd man out’ I didn’t feel very odd at all. And they didn’t bat an eye when I told them my genre.

 

 It was fun talking with other writers. Just meeting brand new people and having a nice conversation over lunch seemed amazing after the world’s being shut down for so long. We’re going to try to get together again next month. I have to get out of the house sometime. Maybe a conversation about lesbian vampire, space cowboys and shifting into bears is just the new normal.

6 comments:

  1. Hi PK, sounds like a very interesting gathering. Glad you had an enjoyable time and that you are planning to meet again. Hmm, not sur cowboys in space, lesbian vampires or shape shifters are my cup of tea. Isn't it great that we all have different tastes and interests.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. None of it is on my reading for pleasure list, but if they enjoy writing it, I'm all for it.

      Delete
  2. I said to a friend this afternoon that even tho we think WE'RE weird, or have the worst families, or are suffering most pitifully, there's always going to be other people who are JUST as weird / screwy / screwed! as we are.

    As she put it - yeah, we're all in the same ship, just on different decks!

    Glad you got to meet new people / writers and have found others who share your passion for writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun - we all know we're a little weird and we do embrace it. Weird is fun after all.

      Delete
  3. This had me cracking up because spanking is the least weird out of all those choices! Great job getting out there and making new friends.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure seemed that way to me, but to each their own I guess. Getting out into the world did feel good.

      Delete