I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

And just like that...

Christmas time has come and gone. It was great. I love having all my children home, but it does fill up a small house. Three extra adults plus two big hairy dogs – it makes a difference! We enjoyed just sitting around talking when we got the chance, we ate too much, we opened presents, played some games and we even got to go on an adventure.

 

Mollie, LJ and Collin took us to an Escape Room! I’d heard them talk about these rooms before, but I didn’t think it would be for me even though I was curious. It was such fun! Mollie has done many of these, so she was our ‘expert’ in getting us started and what kind of things to look for. As I understand there are all kinds of ‘rooms’ but this one was based on the game Clue. We were looking for who did it, with what weapon in which room. We were putting together puzzles, finding the codes for certain locks, hooking up hoses to fill a basin to get a key, a secret wall slid open… it was exciting and something completely different from anything I’d done before. You have one hour to make it out and we did it in 38 minutes and 16 seconds – the second fastest time. Mollie and friends did one where they made it out with nine seconds to spare. This is something everyone should try - but take a young person with you. You'll need the help.


I'm happy to say that the boys survived their trip to a small southern town and are now safely back in the big city, Molly is back to teaching, Nick is back at work and I’m sitting by the fire with my computer. Oh, I still have plenty to do – getting all the decorations put away and in general cleaning everything up. But I don’t mind, I can take my time. I think like most empty nesters, I’m thrilled when the kids get here and not all that disappointed when we get the house back for just the two of us. 

 

Once the house is put to right, I have many writing sessions to come with Cassie. She has been talking and talking lately. And you know Cassie does not like to be ignored. Sometimes I have to sit down and write before she’ll tell me what happens next! Stay tuned.

11 comments:

  1. Hi PK, wow, sounds like a wonderful family time together! Happy for you! I can understand you being glad to have the house back to yourselves though.

    I haven't tried an escape room, sounds like a lot of fun. You guys did well!

    Looking forward to seeing what Cassie has to say :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun. Try out that escape room, it was a real blast. As for Cassie she has been really chatty lately.

      Delete
  2. Am so glad you had a good family Christmas time....I'm a little jealous about the Escape Room - doing one is on my bucket list.

    We're suffering from the reverse empty nester's syndrome.. our lil one has been at her mother's for ... ummm what is it now? 2 weeks??? and the house just seems too quiet.... ya know??? hopefully she'll get a negative test result this weekend and be able to head back to class with her friends AND back home to us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love the escape room! Yep, your lil one is too little, I know you want her around. I hope she gets to come home soon.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a brilliant time with the kids! I do want to to an escape room at some point. They do sound like alot of fun.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any time with the kids is fun. But that was really special.

      Delete
  4. That sounds so fun PK!

    Plus, you gave me something to look forward to when September hits and we are "empty nesters". I've been in tears about it, but you made it sound good, so I am going to focus on that.

    Thanks again PK!
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Boo, you are going through the worst part right now. Dreading them going is way worse than them going. And you'll be surprised at how natural it feel so quickly. You know I love my kids - but I also love my empty nest.

      Delete
  5. I've heard about those escape rooms. We have one here, and from the writeup in the paper, it sounds like fun. But no chance of going since everything is shut because of covid.

    We are happy to have the house to ourselves!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as it opens grab someone who has been to one before and give it a try. It will be a good way to celebrate when things open.

      Delete
  6. Deena9:13 AM

    So glad you had fun! What a great way to spend time together.
    We did this once and we the guy gave us extra time (probably because we were the only "old" people there). Would love to do this again one of these days.

    ReplyDelete