I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, April 26, 2021

OWW!

Sorry, it’s not the good kind. But I took on a dangerous job this weekend and managed to hurt myself. It’s spring here and time to plant flowers. Some years I leave it totally up to Nick to both pick what we want and to plant. But I decide to try something new this year. I got several colorful pots, lots of different flowers to put in them to try to brighten up the car port and small deck we have. 


We usually put impatients in the tiny circle in front of the house, but I decided on geraniums instead. I like the bright red when I pull into the carport. So just like the gardener I’m not, I began planting. Doesn’t really look like it would be a dangerous job, does it? You’d be surprised.

 

There were nine little plants and I’d planted seven of them, when something happened. I still don’t know what. But as I was bending over I lost balance somehow. I tried to catch myself so I wouldn’t land on the plants and break them all. But all I know for sure is that I pitched forward and slammed the top of my head into the edge on one of the surrounding stones. Man that hurt! My hands were filthy so I didn’t want to check to see if I was bleeding. I texted Nick asking if he could come out there for a minute. No blood, just a big bump on the top of my head.

 

I decided I’d done enough planting for the day and sat for the next little bit with the ice pack Nick brought me. I just don’t think manual labor is for me. It wasn’t until I got in bed that night that my leg hurt as I got in. I realize I’d scrapped it badly and bruised it too. It hurts worse than my head. I’m sticking with my computer from now on. I may be in danger of breaking a nail, but it seems the safest option.

20 comments:

  1. PK,
    Laughing... you didn't want to smash the flowers so you decided to smash your head instead?!!

    Nick needs to ground you for that.

    I am sorry you are hurting. That kind of thing is no fun. I hope your head and your leg are healing quickly.

    Your flowers do look nice though! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't quite think through the either/or. I'm hoping the flowers will look even better once they start to fill out.

      Delete
    2. I know. I am just teasing you. You just didn't want to smash your pretty little flowers and didn't have time enough to think about how to fall in the grass. I do hope your head is okay. My sister had a similar fall this year at school carrying in all her teacher stuff (groceries for foods class)...and tripped up the first CEMENT step. Holy cow, did she bust her head open. Had to have a CT scan and glued back together. She has a permanent dent in her forehead now!

      Delete
    3. That sounds awful. I think I got off lucky!

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, oh dear, I'm sorry you got hurt...ouch! Hope you heal quickly. The plants do look lovely though :) I most definitely do not have a green thumb.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! But I want one. I like flowers around, but we'll see what happens this summer.

      Delete
  3. that sounds like something I would do!! Take care of yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do work much better from a recliner.

      Delete
  4. Um, PK?

    I don't think you should do that. I mean, thanks for taking one for the team (I can't be the only one that is clumsy).

    I am sorry it happened and that you hurt though. I am a little jealous that you get to garden though, we still have about a month before it is safe.

    Hugs and take care!
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our weather is great right now. Should be in the 80 for the next three days. I hope someone else will take the next clumsy turn.

      Delete
  5. I am going to cut the grass of the front yard...
    B ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh goodness i hope you feel better soon. Altho it does sound a little bit comical. (Don't smash the plants! Anything but the plants! ooof!)

    You may also have pulled some other muscles trying to maintain your balance as you were tipping over so watch out for soreness in the coming days... take it easy, and yeah, stick to the laptop for the time being. Take care, you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nick was real sorry he wasn't able to get it on video if I was going to do it anyway. I wish he had too, I would like to know exactly what happened. Yep, I'm sticking to the laptop!

      Delete
  7. Oh PK sorry you hurt yourself. Rest up. Hope you heal quickly.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope I do too. That is NOT the end I want sore!

      Delete
  8. Hope you're better. My balance sucks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm just finding our how bad mine is.

      Delete
    2. You're not the only one. I have really awful coordination as well.

      Delete