I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, March 02, 2020

Dentist, Cardiologist and reincarnation

I like my slow, lazy restful days. Get up when I wake up, get my breakfast and watch GMA while I check Facebook and my emails. Then I head to my writing room to work on the book. Next week, however, I’m busy.

Early this morning I have to be at Mollie’s  to drive her to her dentist app. She had a horrible tooth ache about a month ago. She began by telling me she was going to ignore it cause she did have time to get to the dentist. I tried to explain that tooth aches didn’t work that way. She soon came to believe me. She took a half day off to see her dentist and find out she had an abscess. He gave her antibiotics but she was still in such pain (he gave her nothing for the pain) that she took the next day off. That was her first sick day in her five year teaching career. Eventually the antibiotics kicked in and she was fine, but she’ll have a root canal tomorrow. This dentist is about an hour away and I’m going along just in case she doesn’t feel like driving back. I’ve got the time and freedom, so why not.



Tuesday I have my appointment with the cardiologist. When I saw my doctor she said that even though I’m having no real problems, that was definitely her suggestion. She asked me which one I’d like to see – like I’ve ever met a cardiologist. I told her I’d like to see the one she would go to if this were happening to her. Her answer was ‘Dr. L for sure!’ I’ve never heard of him but fine. Since then I’ve mentioned it to a few people who had dealt with cardiologist  and I’ve gotten the same response from each, “Oh, I love Dr. L!” Good enough for me.



Wednesday I’m having lunch with my pastor. She texted me the other day saying she needed help on her homework and asking me for five to six words to describe my experience at our church – I’ve been going there all my life. I sent her back – safe, accepted, acknowledged, heard and loved. She asked me to tell her what I really meant by acknowledged. I gave her two examples one was moving from a child at the church to eventually becoming a member of the church council at a fairly young age. My Dad and those his age were still on it, but they acknowledged my ‘coming of age’ and gave me and my thought the same respect as those of my elders. 

My second example was that when I spoke of reincarnation in my Sunday School class, while no one else agreed with me, they acknowledged the possibility as I quoted scripture to support my beliefs.



The pastor was extremely intrigued and said, ‘I’d love to talk to you about those beliefs.’ I told her anytime! And she came back with how about Wednesday at lunch? So I’m excited to talk to someone who wants to hear what I have to say.

So this is how I’m spending my week. I’ll let you know if the doctor has anything interesting to say.

8 comments:

  1. Hi PK, interesting title lol. Wow, what a busy week for you! Poor Mollie, there's nothing worse than dental issues.

    So glad you are seeing a cardiologist and even better, one with a great reputation and who is well liked. Please keep us updated.

    What wonderful words you gave your pastor. Have a wonderful lunch. It will be an interesting conversation.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mollie's appointment went great! Hope mine goes as well tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. PK,

    Glad to see that you are getting looked at. I'm sorry for Molly though. Root canals are the worst.

    The pastor seems interesting. I hope you enjoy lunch!

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to see how the conversation will go.

      Delete
  3. Hopefully you will get the same good news that I did from my visit to the cardiologist.
    Give Mollie a hug for me - root canals are not fun.
    Reincarnation - would love to hear her opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Went well for Mollie. I'm expecting the same for me. I'll let you know about the lunch sometime.

      Delete
  4. Poor Mollie, root canals are horrible. Will be an interesting conversation with your pastor.
    Let us know how your appointment with the cardiologist goes.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's over for her. And I'm really looking forward to lunch tomorrow. More test to come with my doctor.

      Delete