I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, March 30, 2020

I’m naked again!

Finally! I got to take the heart monitor off and mail it in. I can sleep nude again and I love it. I am free to turn over and snuggle to my hearts content. Nick doesn’t seem to mind either.



I’m curious to know how my friends are doing in quarantine. As for me, I guess I’ve been training for this my whole life. I enjoy being alone and I enjoy staying home. Nick still works – for the moment and I get to look forward to his homecoming each day. Having him here 24/7 not able to leave the house would be hard – on him and therefore hard on me. It’s the one thing I’ve worried about him retiring. While I’m perfectly content in my writing room, he’d be going nuts!
I wanted to mention StoryWorth again. This is the gift LJ and Colin gave me at Christmas. You can check out their website here. But to jump on board you don’t have to do anything official. You can join in all on your own.
Basically you’re writing stories of your past for your kids and grandkids. StoryWorth send you a prompt, an idea each week to write on. Some are interesting – Tell about your favorite teacher or What was a great prank you pulled. But I usually ignore their prompts and write what I want or anything the kids might ask about.
So far I’ve written about how Nick and I met, the story of finding out I was expecting each of the kids. Then I’ve written in detail about the birth of each – I cheated and typed up what I had written in my old journals from the actual time. I’ve written of my college days. I’m writing now about how their grandparents met and dated. I’m going back and asking myself what I wished I’d asked my parents more about and then writing up answers to similar questions from my life.



It’s lots of fun. I hope you’ll try it. It doesn’t have to be with StoryWorth. They produce a nice book at the end of the year, including pictures if you want to include them, which will be nice for the kids to have. But you could print what you write yourself and give it to the kids as a Christmas gift this year. 
And I’ve written a special letter, which will be the last in the book, as a thank you to my children. Stuff I wanted to tell them, but sometimes it’s hard when you’re busy and running around communicating by a quick text. We’ve got the time now. Tell them what you want them to know, old stories, funny stories, stuff they did as kids or that you did when you were a kid. 

And don't hesitate to go deeper and tell each one what they mean to you and how much you love them. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi PK,yay for getting rid of the heart monitor and being able to sleep naked again :) I hope the monitoring gives the doctors good information.

    I do remember the StoryWorth gift. This is such a fantastic gift and idea! I love that you are doing this for LJ and Mollie and the special letter. This will be something they will truly treasure.

    Dad produced a book detailing our family history including a family tree going back to the 1600s and detailing the lives of our grear grandparents through to us. A cousin of Dad's has since added to it. I was blown away when he gave me my copy and it is definitely something I treasure. Dad is also now writing his autobiography.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My grandmother wrote a book about her marriage and her eight children, all of whom I knew well. It's fantastic reading.

      Delete
  2. I am happy for you PK. It seems like things are turning around.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thing's are going as well as can be expected these days.

      Delete
  3. YAY to being naked!!! (cheeky grin)
    When will you get the results?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it. Should get the results April 24 - probably by phone.

      Delete