I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Motherly advice

My boy is driving to Washington DC today, somewhere he has never been before. He is traveling with two friends. I know LJ is 21 years old now, but I also know that this boy could get lost walking down the hallway in our house. Directionally challenged is a mild way of putting it. We loaned him our GPS to help with this trip but you don’t think that stops me from worrying do you.

I sent him the following email with a little advice. If you can think of anything to add please let me know. Will either my children or I ever get old enough so that I won't feel the need to keep giving advice?


Hey baby,

Could you let me know before you leave. I mean God always pay attention but mothers still have a need to remind Him.

So here are a few things I just need to tell you, indulge me please.

Don't rush, give yourself plenty of time. We passed 5 cars pulled by HW Patrol in Raleigh with in a 3 mile stretch last weekend. Plus we have notice that VA really patrols their highways carefully!! They do not like speeders.

Keep your phone charged.

Take your AAA card.

If you have an extra key let one of the other keep it with them.

Check the air in your tires.

Stop when you need to or you get sleepy.

Don't leave Boone (the GPS) on the dash.

Find out where the bad/dangerous part of DC are and avoid them like the plague.

It's a big city, wouldn't hurt to keep your wallet in your front pocket and don't carry ALL your cash with you.

Make sure you do take some cash.

Look both ways before you cross the street.

Don't drink and drive.

Don't drink.

Don't do drugs.

Brush your teeth.

Don't run with scissors.

And above all else CALL YOUR MOTHER!!

I'm sure I will think of more things I need to share with you soon, I'll text.

Love you baby!

Mom

8 comments:

  1. Motherhood is a lifelong commitment of love so I think the answer to whether you or your children will ever be old enough not to offer advise would be "No" :-) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terps is right..you never quit being a mom..PS..it's a nasty day here in the D.C.area today but the next 3 or 4 days are supposed to be great! You can tell LJ i'm only 45 miutes away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey PK, you will never stop worrying about them no matter what age they are.

    Loved the email, sounds like one I would send my son.

    Your forgot to tell him to take clean underwear.

    Have a good day.
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terps,
    I was afraid of that. I guess motherhood is for the long haul.

    Mthc,
    I'll have him wave as he goes by.

    Ronnie,
    I guess most mothers want to warn about the same things. How could I have forgotten the clean underware??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:50 PM

    LOL I Know how you feel. Other than all the good advice, you forget Have a good time!! He'll be ok. My 20 yr old leaves for the army in 2 weeks, I am worried too.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  6. FD,
    You are so right! It won't end while I'm alive.

    C,
    You are right, I forgot the 'have a good time'. I figured he might remember that on his own. LOL!

    Bless your son for being willing to serve I will pray for both of you. This has to be very hard for the mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear PK!

    i love your post!!! no matter how old they are they will always be our lil boys and girls!!

    huge hugs!!!

    löthianne :)

    ReplyDelete