I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, February 03, 2022

Update

Nick’s dad is still hanging in there, but he’s now under hospice care. Everyone knows he a tough old bird. He's in the covid ward at the hospital right now and his kids have still been going up and taking turn sitting with him. He doesn’t seem to know that they're there, but they know they're there.



Unfortunately, Covid doesn’t care about any of this. Nick’s older brother, who is currently undergoing radiation treatment for cancer has now tested positive for Covid and this morning one of his sisters did too. 

Nick was visiting there two days ago when he called me to tell me he'd had another kidney stone attack. When it rains… He’s fine now and thinks he might have passed a small stone. I’m wondering. No kidney stones throughout his life until four months ago, then he has a painful attack and after our eleven hours wait in the ER, they do a scan and saw nothing. They said it was most likely a stone based on his symptoms and a little blood in his urine. But NOTHING on the scan. Now another one formed within that four months? That just seems strange to me.

 

I haven’t been to see my FIL. I really don’t want to go to the hospital and visit in the covid ward. But the other daughters-in-law have gone. Nick doesn't want me to go and that decided it, but I don’t want the others to think I don’t care. I have offered to pick up groceries, medicine or fast food for those home with covid and deliver it to their doors. I feel I can pray for FIL as well right here in my house as I can at the hospital.

 

Not the most cheerful of updates. I’m grateful that at the moment both Nick and I are symptom free and praying we stay that way.

18 comments:

  1. Oh goodness PK, when it rains it pours. Glad Nick is now feeling ok and so glad to hear you are both symptom free Covid wise. I think you are wise not to visit.

    Sending positive thoughts to you all.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. It's a rough time, but we're all trying to pull together.

      Delete
  2. What can I say??? Just know I am thinking of you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Covid stinks. I'm sorry to hear about your FIL and will pray for you all. Thank you for sharing your life with others. It shows you are keeping it real when you share sadness and joy with us. Hugs!
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love having this place to come to to share the good and the bad. It's real for me.

      Delete
  4. Hi PK,

    I am surprised that they let visitors into the covid wards. Do his family members have to suit up in protective gear?

    My prayers are for Nick's family and yours.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised too - they have to wear masks and a lightweight plastic gown over their clothes. But it's a tiny room and they had 6 or 7 people in there. I just don't feel safe doing that.

      Delete
  5. Praying for the best for all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you all. Wise decision not to go visit. I know how that feels. MIL is home and healthier now. I send over dinner about twice a week. Best I can do for now! Hang in there! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Windy. I went up to FIL house today to get the mail and to feed the cat and dog. I'm trying to do what I can.

      Delete
  7. PK, thank you for the update. Thinking of you all.

    Love and hugs,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie. I'll keep you up to date.

      Delete
  8. You are in my prayers. I really loved hospice for my mom. I hope that you figure out what is up with Nick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hospice was wonderful with my mom and dad too. Good to see you here, I've been worried about you.

      Delete
  9. Praying for you all my friend! ❤️

    ReplyDelete