I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Friday, February 11, 2022

Peace


Sigh…We had the funeral Wednesday and I now feel very peaceful. FIL will be missed for a long time, but the worst is over. It was the sorrow and dread of knowing they were losing him over these past two weeks that was the worst. Now it’s happened and there is no more dread. At least that was the way I felt when I lost my parents.

 

Wednesday was a beautiful day. It was in the high forties, but it was sunny and no wind. The graveside service they decided on was perfect. FIL was an outdoorsman and the sitting there on the edge of the woods seemed way better than in a church. Nearly all the family was there and a few close friends too. But for me this was the best thing about the outdoor funeral.




FIL’s dog was able to attend. He greeted everyone with a tail wag and a smile. Twice during the service he jumped into Nick’s lap as he used to do with my FIL. For me the overall feeling of the was one of quiet celebration for this fine man. And little Bullet being there just made everyone feel better.

 

LJ was able to come home for the service. I was so happy to see him. He was a pallbearer along with his cousins and two of the great grandsons. Nick and I laughed as LJ pointed out that the pallbearers were evenly split – three gay, three straight. Not bad in that small conservative community. 

 

After the funeral the family all went back to FIL’s house, just down the hill from the cemetery. Their church and brought in a spread for the family and it was good being with everyone. LJ hadn’t seen some of his cousins in nearly ten years. And he’s not going back to NY until Saturday so I have some quiet days to visit with him.

 

I’m sure that there is a kind of sad happiness for my FIL’s kids. They know that they had a great dad and they had him way longer than most people get to have their dad. I hope that they feel good about the way they came to care for him as he got older. Everyone helped and they truly did a good job.

15 comments:

  1. Hi PK, this really touched me. It sounds like the funeral was just perfect for your FIL, I love that your FIL's dog was able to be there and greet everyone. So glad LJ was able to make it too.

    I hope everyone can take comfort in wonderful memories of your FIL.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was perfect for him and I think the family who had wanted to do it in the church was pleased with this too. It worked out well.

      Delete
  2. I think it was perfect that Bullet could attend. It's also nice that he jumped up on to Nick's lap, as if to say, we still got each other.

    And as far as I'm concerned, dogs DO go to heaven, so they'll be reunited one day.

    It sounds like a lovely service and I'm glad the family was able to share the occasion.

    Enjoy the visit with LJ, even though the reason for his being home may not have been the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no doubt our pets go to heaven. I've loved spending time with by boy.

      Delete
  3. PK, sounds like a perfect send off for your FIL and to be able to have Bullet there was lovely. Good that LJ was able to attend.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was all very comforting for the family.

      Delete
  4. I am glad that the service went so well - I loved that Bullet could be there! Who is he going to live with now?? You and Nick??

    Enjoy your time with LJ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where is Bullet going to live? That's the question. He'll have a good home, we're just not sure where yet.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous6:09 PM

    It's lovely when the service fits the person being remembered. It sounds like he was a lovely man, and it was a life well lived. I'm glad you will have some time with your son too. Take care.
    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did fit well and it was really a wonderful send off. I've had time to really enjoy LJ.

      Delete
  6. Glad your family found comfort in one another. Looks like a beautiful memory through a difficult time. Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy, it was all very comforting.

      Delete
  7. I love the way you were able to take the good out of a bad situation. That was incredibly sweet for the sweet puppy Bullet to be there as well. I love it when animals are there to be able to say goodbye too. Hugs on your loss. I know what you mean about the waiting and watching and knowing it's going to happen, but when...I'm thankful the closure brought you great comfort and peace.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good ending to a good life. All the family was there including Bullet.

      Delete
  8. Again, my condolences. I am glad your FIL had such a nice good bye with everyone. Hugs and love

    ReplyDelete