I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Disaster Averted, almost

It was such a simple everyday thing. I made a grocery order and picked it up. This was a larger than normal order so I have bags all over the counter as I brought everything in. That’s when it happened.

 


How can something happen in an instant, yet go in slow motion at the same time? A large, and I mean large, glass jar of spaghetti sauce rolled across the counter and fell toward my tile floor. I’ve seen glass jars hit my floor before. They don’t just break, they explode. I could see all this sauce splashing on all the cabinet doors, my pale green wall and in my tiny kitchen making its way to most of my appliances. I could see hours of mopping up and cleaning all the nooks and crannies it was bound to cover – and that’s not mentioning the shards of glass everywhere.

 

But instead of what I was dreading something totally different happened. This huge falling glass jar which weighed, and I’m estimating here, just over a ton, landed on my big toe rather than the floor. At least the jar didn’t break, as for my toe…






Curse words were said. But thank goodness I don’t think the toe broke either. It’s bruised and tender, but it will heal. And once it was all over with, including the cursing, I decided the sore toe was way better than all the cleaning I would have been left with if the toe had been somewhere else. 

 

As I’ve said before – no good can come from me being in the kitchen!

18 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, ouch PK! Your poor toe, I hope it heals quickly. Maybe you should have an x-ray just to be sure.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much better now. Just a little tender.

      Delete
  2. LOL ok it's not nice to laugh at someone's pain.......but yeah maybe I do understand why no good comes from you being in the kithen!! LOL

    Seriously though - I do hope your toe heals quickly and doesn't give you too much grief.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take myself too seriously in the kitchen either. I really think the toe is going to be fine.

      Delete
  3. Much better to have a sore toe than cleaning up tomato sauce. Hope it's better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely beats cleaning!

      Delete
  4. Ouch. I agree rather your toe than all that mess of cleaning. Hope it heals quickly and doesn't give you too much aggro.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It isn't bothering me nearly as much as cleaning would have!

      Delete
  5. Poor PK! Can I actually say I'm glad your toe took the brunt of the force? That would have been a whole lot of cleaning, so it worked out for the best.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once I got through swearing and hopping around I was pleased with the way it worked out.

      Delete
  6. OUCH. BUT i'm totally with you. I'd rather the jar hit my foot than hit the floor. at least this way i don't have to spend hours cleaning up. AND finding new crusty bits over the next few days in places i'd missed!

    if it still hurts in a few days maybe try an xray. but only to see if there's a hairline fracture. Altho, there is nothing to be done if there is, except keep the weight off it and let it heal. I've had toe fractures before :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree because I hate cleaning so much. The toe is definitely on the mend. Only a slight twinge once in a while.

      Delete
  7. I'm a klutz in the house. I always have been. I don't know how I used to be an amazing athlete! I do belong in the kitchen though otherwise no cookin' gets done. Sorry about your toe, but glad there was no shattered glass to step on, etc. Maybe Nick can give you a little tap on the butt or two or fifty for being clumsy in the kitchen? LOL Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my, if I was the only one who cooked around here we would have all starved long ago. As for the other, I'm not going to hold my breath.

      Delete
  8. hope your toe is feeling better now. I would much rather cook than clean, but I do tend to make a mess when I make anything...
    Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See! Be more like me, do nothing. The messes are much smaller that way.

      Delete
  9. Hoping your toe is feeling better now.
    B :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's doing much better, thanks.

      Delete