I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, August 17, 2020

My Weekend

What a weekend. You all know I’m a home body and don’t mind having a little time to myself. There is no doubt I love my husband dearly, but as we head toward the forty year mark of marriage we can both enjoy a weekend away from one another.


He went golfing and I puttered around the house and wrote to my hearts content. Saturday was rainy and stormy – my favorite writing weather. And Nick was far enough away from it to be able to get in thirty-six holes. And Sunday was just beautiful, a little cooler and so sunny.

I wasn’t totally alone. Three little friends came by to play in the back yard. Here are two of them.







Mollie called Saturday evening. The first thing she said was, “Can I just complain for five minutes, please?”

I’m a good mom so I told her to go for it. Nearly forty-five minutes of not stop fussing ensued. Education in general, teaching on line specifically, risk of catching a deadly disease, not knowing how the different program work, conflicting directives from the top ending with, “I’ll get it all figured out. I’m just frustrated! Thanks Mom, that helped.” 

I don’t think I’d said anything other than, “Oh, my” or “Bless your heart” and I think one “Poor, baby.” But apparently it was enough. I don’t doubt this will happen a lot this year. I guess if she can figure out her part I can hold up the listening end of the deal.

10 comments:

  1. Hi PK, sounds like a lovely weekend and yay for writing!:) I love your little visitors! Mollie is lucky to have you to talk to and for support who knows the ropes (so to speak).

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two book close to ready and I'm getting excited. I don't mind her complaining to me, but this all seems alien to me.

      Delete
  2. I love your visitors. Her Mother was just what she needed. I know you'll be there anytime she needs to vent again.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're having a lot of these visitors lately. I'll listen to any vent she has.

      Delete
  3. Miss having those kinds of visitors. Glad you enjoyed your 'writing' weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great! Very few interruptions.

      Delete
  4. Hi PK! Those visitors are wonderful! You are an awesome mom! Mollie needed to vent. I want my mom! No one can understand how hard it is to teach in this climate but a mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today was her first day of school with the kids online this year. And it was crazy!

      Delete
  5. Deena4:22 PM

    Sounds like a great weekend. Always nice to know our kids haven't outgrown the need for their mamas ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never out grew my mom and I doubt Mollie ever will - thank goodness!

      Delete