I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, January 02, 2014

Our wild New Year’s Eve

We had a lovely peaceful New Year’s Eva. Mollie stayed home and one of her best friends joined us. There was cooking going on and even I got into the act. Using some pinterest ideas we made spicy crackers by adding a bit of oil, ranch powder, and hot pepper flakes before we baked them.

Next came the whisky sticks that we fell in love with when we used to go visit Eva and her family. These are stick pretzels, coated with a mixture of butter, brown sugar, garlic, cayenne pepper and baked – oh my they’re good!

Then Mollie and friend made a cake – I’m sure this cake has a name, but I don’t know it. I think I’ll just call it ‘Nick’s going to have to get the damn cane out for this' cake.  It adds pounds by simply being in my house! It’s a German chocolate mix in a 9 x 13 dish. When it came out still hot she poured on can of sweetened condensed milk and a bottle of caramel sauce. Are your teeth hurting from the sweet yet? Once it cooled she iced it with cool whip and topped it with crushed Heath bars.

Not wanting to be left out completely I made cookies – homemade from scratch I tell you! I even used baking powder. I had to have Mollie’s friend bring it from her house because rarely have cause to have it in my house. It was a cookie/brownie cookie and I used white chocolate chips in them, very good if I do say so myself.

All this was before Mollie made three cheese stuffed shells with meat sauce for supper, which we ate with garlic bread.

I also managed to injure myself during all this activity, it’s my back or shoulder blade. It feels like I pinched something. I think it’s a vicious cooking injure. I’ll know to avoid this activity in the future. It hurts when I turn certain ways, reach down for something, turn over in the bed or even take a deep breath. I don’t like it one bit.

With all this food in the house, you might realize my Friday weigh in might not be the best. I haven’t been recording each Friday as I’m supposed to. I’ve been telling Nick, “Let’s wait until the New Year.” Okay, now what?

28 comments:

  1. That food sounds so good! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel full just reading about all the food... or that could be because I just ate. LOL Sounds like your sweet tooth will have no reason not to be satisfied, that is for sure. :)

    I hope the stitch in your back eases soon, those are never fun. Could be gas maybe also?

    {{{hugs}}} EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Es May,
      Way too much food! I think the back is a little better today.

      Delete
  3. Hmm...you meant the first full week of the New Year????
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abby,
      I got an email from Nick today - I think my time is up!

      Delete
  4. Oh goodness PK...my tummy is hurting just reading about all that food!

    LOL...a "vicious cooking injury"? Seriously...get thee to a doctor asap...you don't want to end up like me or Ami with a frozen shoulder or like my mom with a rotator cuff injury.

    I agree with Abby...your 2014 weigh-in should be for the first complete week of 2014. :D

    Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, I will know to stay away from cooking in the future. It is more of a stitch in my back, nothing hurt when I move my arm at all. It's getting better.

      Delete
  5. OMG, all that stuff sounds way too sinful. How about putting off Friday weigh ins until Mollie heads back to school.

    Start working that shoulder or whatever and don't let it freeze up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leigh,
      The way things are going maybe I need to wait until February!

      Delete
  6. Don't weigh in yet! Wait until you have an entire week of healthful eating under your belt!
    The food sounds decadently yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Minelle, I may not have had a whole week of healthy eating in my life! I have a funny feeling Nick is planning to do something about this.

      Delete
  7. Oops PK. I am weighing myself every day and over Christmas no gain. AFTER Christmas oh dear, too much everything. I have started writing down exactly what I eat and John looks at the end of each day and writes me a message. Consequences will be in my future after the family have gone at the weekend I reckon. Why is it so hard to lose it and so bleeping easy to put it on?

    I would have loved that cake though. My mum used to eat condensed milk straight from the tin with a spoon!! No wonder she has false teeth lol
    love Jan.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Don't give Nick any ideas. I got an interesting email from him today. I think consequences may be coming my way and I'm unsure how I feel.

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness PK, my mouth is watering reading this! It all sounds so yummy, especially the cake! It sounds like a wonderful time spent together. A lovely way to ring in the new year.

    vicious cooking injury LoL. I hope it feels better soon.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      I'll leave the cooking to the professional in the future - I don't mind being a spectator (or taster). That cake was to die for! Unfortunately, it may also be one to be spanked for.

      Delete
  9. yum! :-) would love to know how to make the pretzel sticks... Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terps, I think she just googled whiskey sticks. But I'll see if she knows which one she used.

      Delete
  10. PK,
    just reading this raised my blood sugars by twenty points. LOL!
    If that pain doesn't clear up soon, hie thee to a Chiropractor.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,
      I should have warned you before you read! The stitch in my back seems to be getting better.

      Delete
  11. Send the cake to me:)

    Keep on eye on that shoulder.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie,
      I wish I could, I need it out of my house.

      Delete
  12. Ooh I've had that cake...my friend calls it better than sex cake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jodi,
      Not quite - but it's darn good!

      Delete
  13. Adjust the scale before weigh in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How about I rip the battery out!

      Delete
  14. I've gained 10 pounds just reading this!

    Happy New Year!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Grace, then you see what I'm up against!

      Delete