I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Daughters are scary


I need to tell you what Mollie has been up to lately. High school seems to suit her pretty well. Her grades are better than I had expected. She is in honors classes in everything except Algebra but her regular algebra she has an A. I still have to push the home work, she is not a self-motivator but she is getting there.

But she really threw me for a loop the other day. It was an Wednesday afternoon and as we are coming home from school she casually says “Did I tell you Jonathan and I are dating. We’re going to the homecoming dance this Friday.” I was calm and collect as I told her firmly “OVER MY DEAD BODY”! This child is 14 years old!

I finally calmed down and realized our only real problem was with vocabulary. We used to call it ‘going together’ to which my mother would always ask, “Where are you going?” So although they are ‘dating’ I took her to the game, she paid her way in (he is in the band), she bought her own ticket to the dance and I picked her up from the dance. Okay, that kind of date I can deal with. When I asked her “How was the dance?” her only comment was my feet hurt. So I may be okay for the near future.

But I look at her and I know it won’t be long. I know she is mine but she is really so very beautiful, such a perfect figure. She has the figure that I always wanted. And now strangely enough all the clothes she likes are retro, just what I liked in the 70’s! I am spending way too much on her clothes and I know that is the reason!

I am trying to hang on folks – she will be 15 in October. But don’t worry about me I should be able to breathe again in about 10 years.

I am trying to see how all these poles work so I will be putting some up this week to help me get ready for Fantasy Friday. They will not require deep thought so please pick an answer and maybe I can get this figured out! Thanks.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:24 AM

    Son's are scary too!!! Good luck all too soon you will miss this time.

    C

    ReplyDelete
  2. PK, she doesn't sound so different from other 14 year old girls, perhaps nicer.
    Never having had children I often wonder how you cope.
    Warm Hugs and love,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You talkin' to ME???

    Mine is a senior, went to the homecoming this weekend and had a BLAST!

    Lucky for me, she was with about 20 others!

    Fun, fun fun....

    NOT!

    HUGS!
    grace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:23 PM

    I have three grown daughters so I may be qualified to comment on "dating". It sounds as if you are doing just fine. I thought dating was difficult until the day the doorbell rang and there was a man standing there waiting to go on a date with my daughter. That was terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. C,
    When it comes to scary my daughter win the contest. LJ was just so darn easy to raise.

    Paul,
    She is a good kid! Now if a sexy young military man askes her out I hope I will be as wise as Mel's parents were!

    Grace,
    I think we can share each others pain!! A senior! No I guess you have it worse!

    SS,
    A MAN! I don't even want to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad I had a boy. Don't know if I could take dating!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete