I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Catching up



I haven’t posted about … stuff, in a long time. I don’t really know that many still read here, except for Roz (and bless your heart for being here, Roz). So I thought I’d catch up. The next to the last On the River book is finished. It’s good and I’m looking forward to getting it out here. It’s undergoing its final edits and formatting and I’m waiting on the cover artist. The cover may take the longest, I’m not sure how backed up she is. I’d love to have it out before the end of the year, but if it gets too close to Christmas I’ll wait until the first of the year. I’ll definitely let you know.

That means I’m beginning on the final book about Cassie. I had thought this one I just finished was the last, but no, she had more to say. And when Cassie speaks, I listen. A HUGE thank-you to Ruby Dee, my editor. I just can’t imagine trying to get a book out without her help. She is the best, both as a friend and as an editor!

The kids are doing well. Mollie began her tenth-year teaching and seems to have a really good class this year. That’s not always the case and I’m happy for her. As I remember I’d get a really good class every three or four years. The others were fine, but some years they just stood out. I always wondered why the good classes came in waves. Mollie is not longer dating ‘that guy’ but she and her girlfriends go out a lot, they travel and they’re planning a trip to the tropics in January.

LJ and Collin are well. LJ did break his big toe several months ago. An annoyance to anyone, but when you live in a walking city like NY, it’s a fairly big problem. But he seems to have recovered nicely. Collin loves his new job and I have a feeling he’ll be there until he retires. Over the past two years they lost both of their cats to old age. They are planning to get a couple of kittens sometime in October. They say it’s been nice living without the constant cat hair for this past year, but not as nice as having cats.

Nick and I are doing well. He still works one to two days a week and plays golf on the others. He’s shot his age several times now. Of course, I point out that that should be easier and easier as time goes on. Our health remains good and I am more and more grateful everyday as we see friends and family members who aren’t as fortunate. We have a few aches and pains, but we have been blessed for the most part.

I’ve nearly given up cooking. I just hate it. Nick cooks some, we eat out a lot and I do still cook occasionally, but basically, I’m over it. I guess that makes me a bad wife, but sweet Nick hasn’t ask me to leave yet. That’s good.

I told you that Donna Steele was coming out with her 50th book and here if the link. The 50th is a sequel to an earlier book so I’m giving you both links. Alien Embrace was the first. And the sequel, the 50th book is Alien Embraces. I really liked both of these books. I hope you'll give them a try.

Blogger has made it very, very difficult to post pictures on my blog. I don’t know why and I don’t know who to ask, so if there are no pictures you’ll know why.

For those of you still coming by to read – thank you so much! Please feel free to leave a comment.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:01 AM

    Bless you PK, you are so sweet. Blogland isn't was it used to be, but those of us still here have formed great friendships and we stick together right?☺

    So glad to hear the kids are doing well. Wow, 10 years teaching! I remember you talking about helping Mollie when she started out and how nervous she was.

    So glad also to hear you and Nick are doing well, especially health wise. Um, so have you managed to kick the CPAP out?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, blogland is very different these days for sure. I'm glad I began in the good old days. I'm happy I still have many friends from those days.

      Time is flying with Mollie's career I mean she is a third of the way through! Unbelievable.

      Now the CPAP... we're still not best friend.

      Delete
  2. Good to hear your news. I can't believe it's 10 years since Mollie started teaching.

    Look forward to the book. I miss Cassie and her blog:)

    Have a good weekend.

    LOve,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie, I can't wait for the book to come out. And I really hope you like it. Mollie is a third of the way through her teaching career. One of us is getting old.

      Delete