I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Best Advice

I enjoyed seeing my sister and she had a fine birthday. But when I got there, I found out she was having some sever problems with vertigo too. Her daughter swears I gave it to her over the phone. I tried to explain that vertigo is not contagious, especially over the phone or by email, but I’m not sure either of them was convinced. She was feeling pretty bad on Thursday, but much better by Friday and we enjoyed seeing all her old college roommates on Friday for the luncheon. These six women have been close friend since they met as college freshmen in 1971.

 

On to the advice. While I was at my sisters we heard about the earthquake in NYC and surrounding areas. Before I could panic, I got a text from LJ saying that all was well and not to worry. 



A little later he told me this was what he told the workers in his office (mostly twenty-and thirty-year-old’s) as soon as it happened:


“Ok , start texting your moms now. We’re gonna get a lot of calls in five minutes.”

 

As far as I’m concerned that was the best advice I’ve heard a boss give. It sure was true. Bless his heart he’s really good about shooting me a text when something serious happens in his city. Be it a building collapse, a mass shooting or some disaster on the subway, I get a quick text saying, “We’re fine, didn’t happen near us.” This consideration sure does save wear and tear on my stress levels and my heart. He’s a good boy.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:25 AM

    Hi PK,

    Interesting that your sister also suffered from vertigo. Glad she was feeling better for her bathroom celebration and had a good day.

    We are fairly used to earthquakes here lol, though I know they are unusual in that part of the States. Glad LJ contacted you straight away to let you know all was well. He is a thoughtful son.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like vertigo regardless of who has it! I'm really glad that LJ stays in touch and glad he told his staff to.

      Delete
  2. We had an earthquake here in or around 2007. Thought it was the workmen outside as a lot of heavy machinery was on the go at the time. Scary once I realized what it was.

    LJ is such a good son to let you know right away any time something scary happens in NYC.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The times I've felt earthquakes around her I thought it was big trucks also. I do love that he stays in contact. One little text isn't much to him, but it saves me hours of worry.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:50 AM

    PK, sorry to hear about your sister having vertigo. Hope you are better now. Never had it myself (touch wood) but Phil did a long time ago. He was ok n he'd for two days.

    What a great boss LG is. I bet not many would have told their teams to phone home.
    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first three time I had vertigo I was in bed for about 12 to 15 hours. I would suggest avoiding it if at all possible! I guess LJ has dealt with me enough he knew it would save time in the long run.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous7:51 AM

    Sorry meant he was in bed for two days.
    xx

    ReplyDelete