I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Busy Weekend

My house seemed very, very full this weekend. We had Nick and me, and our two I cats – what I would usually call a full house. The we had Mollie’s dogs, those two beautiful Goldens! With what they left all over my house I feared we would send her home with two bald dogs, but no, they had enough hair to completely cover our floors and furniture AND still had more for her car and her house. Amazing!

 


Then, of course, we had my two boys, LJ and Collin. We loved getting to see them and we had some wonderful long talks. The dogs loved them, in fact the youngest wanted to be in LJ’s face every minute. LJ is more one to love seeing a dog lying close by rather that one constantly trying to get in his lap. Especially when said dog weighs about eighty pounds. But for the most part we all got along well.

 

We stopped by old elementary school where LJ and I both went, even Mollie began there. It was taken over by the town and has many little shops, and meeting rooms. There is a small bar and a large theater as well as a small museum. We were in one of the shops when Collin ask a lady working there if she was… and called her by name. She said yes and he told her he had gone to the elementary school where she taught and that he remembered her smile.  She seemed delighted. As we talked the other woman working there. she mentioned that she was a writer. I mentioned the problems I was having with my publisher – she had had similar problems and was able to recommend the lawyer she had used. I’d already called a few lawyers and they all said they didn’t do that kind of case. I feel like I finally have a place to begin.


I enjoyed going to the play and the retirement party with the boys. When their teacher saw them, she began to cry. She had really liked both of them and to think they had come so far to acknowledge her retirement really got to her. I mentioned to her that they hadn’t come for Christmas, but they did manage to get here for her. I told her that didn’t bother me a bit, I’d take them anytime I could get them.



Mollie’s trip to see Taylor Swift went smoothly and they all had a great time. But I was very happy when they all returned home safely. I took the boys to the airport on Monday. I’m not wild about the drive to the airport a good part of it is on an eight-lane highway with tons of traffic so it’s just not a drive I like to make – but I did it!

 

Now I can just relax at home, for a while. But next week Nick and I are heading to Florida for a few days. I’ll tell you all about it another time.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:58 AM

    Hi PK,

    Sounds like everyone had a busy but wonderful weekend. So glad you had some time with the boys. The reaction from their teacher was lovely, it really was good of them to attend her farewell.

    You meeting the other writer was a stroke of luck. I hope you can make some headway dealing with the publisher.

    Enjoy your down time before setting off again. Hope you have a wonderful time in Florida.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish their visits were longer, but we really did have a great time. I guess I'll be packing for the next week.

      Delete
  2. Really glad for you and your family! So many good things, all at once, good memories, good emotions, and good plans! Yay to trip to Florida. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great visit. But I know they are happy to be home. Now lets get ready for Florida.

      Delete
  3. I hope you enjoy your trip! Sounds like you DID have a full house. Phew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure seemed full! We haven't gone anywhere in a while. I'm looking forward to it.

      Delete
  4. Deena7:06 AM

    I’m a bit late in reading this (and I’m guessing you’re currently on your adventure) but wanted to drop in and say hi and sounds like a great time! Very special to have all the “kids” home.

    I do hope this lawyer pans out and can help you. I’m a big fan of your books and am so looking forward to this next one. Stinks that this is going on though.

    Always fun to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete