I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, April 24, 2023

I like my numbers

I spent a while worrying and complaining here about my various doctor visit and annoying health questions, I figured I’d give an update. Let’s just say, I can’t complain.

 


For me my blood pressure was worrying me the most. It had way of going really high despite the doctor increasing my meds. We’re talking 190/108. Doc thought maybe a diuretic could help and put me on a very low dose. And that’s when the BP dropped to 80/59 in one day. I think, because of the sudden drop I felt really crappy for about a week. She was amazed that the tiny dose she had me on made that much difference.

 

The next thing that happened was that something on my blood test made her worry about my kidneys. She cut my diuretic dose in half and ordered a PVL renal artery duplex with veins – whatever the hell that was. Turns out it was just an ultrasound of the kidneys. 


BTW ultrasounds without a baby in them are dull. The results show that my kidneys are is great shape and that there is no problem with them.

 

Next, we worried about blood sugar. I was on a high dose of diabetic medicine, four a day and she hoped to reduce this with Ozempic. I’ve been taking it for about six months now and both the doc and I are pleased with the results. I was able to cut those four pills down to one per day, and this past week I haven’t taken any. Go me! My BS is where it’s supposed to be, and I’ve lost 24.6 pounds as of Sunday morning! I’m thrilled.


As for the CPAP machine. We are still not friends. And I still usually cuss at it most nights, but I have learned to tolerate it. At least until about five AM when I rip it off and get what I think of as some good sleep for the rest of the night. I go to the sleep doc this coming Friday and I have tons of questions – I still want to know exactly why I’m using it and how it’s supposed to be helping. I haven’t seen any of the result it promised about have more energy. But at least I no longer have the urge to chuck it out the window.


This does occasionally happen.


I know all health news is fleeting but for the moment my blood pressure is good, my blood sugar is where it belongs, I’ve been able to cut out some medicines and I’ve lost nearly twenty-five pounds. Mollie tells me she's counting on me being around another thirty or forty years. Being in my mid-sixties this seems a bit optimistic, but honestly I'd do about anything for my kids so who know. Anyway, I'm celebrating!




 

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the good news.

    Regarding the CPAP, it took me a while to get used to and to find the right amount of pressure but it has made a huge difference one worked out. I again sleep continously the whole night most of times instead of waking up multiple times a night. I wish it will eventually help you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's just it. I've alway slept through the night and I've never snored. I wake up a lot more from this head gear that bothers me. I know lots of people who really like there's, but I'm still having problems.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:18 AM

    Hi PK,

    This is such fantastic news! I'm so happy to hear this and happy for you!

    Hopefully you and the CPAP will learn to get along better lol. Honestly, I don't know how anybody can sleep with one of those things lol

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing better with it, but by 5:00 I'm ready to get it off.

      Delete
  3. Doing the happy dance with you. That's good news. Now if they could just get the CPAP right for you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. The best would be if they decided I didn't need the darn thing!

      Delete
  4. Very happy for you, PK! Yay!! I know from my mom's experience, It's very hard to get the right dosage for BP and cardio problems in general, Those pills are so tricky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like we're doing a lot of juggling. I'm just happy it's working for the moment.

      Delete
  5. Huray! I'm glad your numbers are where you want them to be. I don't think "should" is a good way to measure these things, as it's different for everyone, so I wont say "where they SHOULD be" but if you and your doctor(s) agree on a goal and u're getting / have gotten there, then it's all great news! Good luck with CPAP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything seems in a nice normal range at the moment. As for the stupid cpap, I don't think we'll ever be friends.

      Delete
  6. Yay! Happy for you! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:27 AM

    Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete