I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Saturday, May 13, 2023

It didn't go as planned

We planned our trip to Florida months ago. We were taking a bus tour with some friends. All was paid for, bags packed, arrangement made for the cats. It was all go. But it didn’t go as planned.

 

We were to leave early Thursday morning. On Wednesday I was finishing up the last of the packing, last minute things. I haven’t been feeling great, but there was nothing really wrong either – I just felt tired and a little off. Around noon I stretched on the bed, it felt wonderful. There was a nice breeze from the window and I thought a short nap would be just the thing. Problem was I was barely out of that bed for the next twenty-four hours. About the time I was planning on getting up I was hit with the worst vertigo I’ve ever had (I’ve only had it twice before.)

 

If I so much as thought of lifting my head from the pillow, I began vomiting. The dizziness was as intense as anything I’ve ever experienced. Thank God for Nick. When I had to go to the bathroom – which is only steps from my bed I quickly realized it was impossible alone. It felt like I’d been on this for a solid hour or more.

                                           

Nick would guide me as I held my little container and vomited the whole way there and back. Although I took what the doctor had prescribed for me before nothing helped that day. I certainly couldn’t finish the little packing left to be done, couldn’t take a shower and I knew that there was no way I could ride on a bus for six or more hours the next day. So long trip.

 

By late was feeling so much better. Still a little dizzy and unsteady, but a tremendous improvement. Part of me feels guilty because of causing us to miss the trip, being out the money and letting down the friends we were to travel with. But it truth I know there was nothing I did to cause this and nothing I could have done to prevent it. Sometimes things just happen. Maybe I should just be happy it didn’t happen while I was on the bus or while we were there. Getting back would have been a hassle.

 

Not many bright spots I can see in this saga so far, except that I have lost several more pounds.  If you’ve ever taken advice from me, let me stress, do NOT try this method for weight loss – it’s not worth it!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:36 AM

    Hi PK,

    Oh no! I'm so sorry to read this. Such a disappointment missing the trip.

    I feel so much for you, it must have been just awful. Do you know what caused it? So glad you are feeling better now.

    Take care,

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't know what caused it, if I did I'd NEVER do it again!

      Delete
  2. Hope you are feeling better now!! But just in case, here is my vertigo story.
    I had positional vertigo since I was a teenager, for quite a few decades. It's basically triggered by changing the head position, especially while lying in bed, especially a lot of tossing and turning. Once I'm in upright position, it usually stops. Those dizzy spells last a few days, but happen once in a blue moon. If it really bothers me, Epley maneuver helps.
    Found it: https://www.firstcaremedcenter.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Home-Epley-Maneuver.pdf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for sending this! I truly hope I'll never ever have to use it in the future. For me this was worse than the kidney stone.

      Delete