I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, January 09, 2020

Normal seems pretty good!

Awww… That felt good. I got to see all my family. It was so nice to have LJ and Collin and Mollie all under our roof. We got to visit, we ate way too much food, we opened Christmas presents, my sister and BIL came back to see the boys. Truly we all had a great time. And now everyone has returned to their home of choice – back to jobs that they love, refreshed from a wonderful holiday… and me? I’m back to the delightfully calm, normal and blessedly dull days I enjoy so much.



My wonderfully dull days consist of watching Good Morning America and the first twenty minutes of Kelly and Ryan. Then I get a cup of coffee and settling in my writing room with my cat curled up beside me. I turn on the fire if it’s cold and stare out the window at the little forest behind our home and let my friends – Cassie and Tom, together with Sue and Annie and Allie and Jenny and Lily and all their fellows talk to me.

My goal for the year is to write three books. There, I’ve said it out loud. I have the ideas in my head for the first two pretty clear, but not the third yet. 



When Blushing nearly rejected my last book I was crushed. It wasn’t that they didn’t like it, it was just supposed to be the beginning of a newish series. But they want to publish the books of a series very close together. I sort of understand, but not completely. Anyway, I’d like to have all three nearly done before I submit the first one. I’m hoping the first could come out near Christmas 2020. Well, that the goal as it is in my head. We shall see what this new year brings.

So, what are you looking forward to this year?

10 comments:

  1. Hi PK,

    I'm so glad you had such a wonderful belated Christmas and time with loved ones.

    Your days don't sound dull to me at all, they sound wonderful. Wow, that is a great goal, lucky us :)

    Wishing you the best with your goal. Mine is more a hope as I don't have much control, but I am hoping for a peaceful year with no life changes events after the last couple of years.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope for that peace for you! I love my days and I hope they stay just like this.

      Delete
  2. Hey PK,

    What a great goal! I love reading your books and can't wait! Can that be my goal?

    I find it interesting that January 1 marks the day where everyone sets their goals for the year. I usually am more motivated when the school year starts. Of course this year, my goal is to just BE. Be in the moment, be with my family, be in the current season, not wishing for the next one, be in my marriage with the Sheriff, working together for everything (although, I am focused on DD).

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to laugh at people who bought calendars in January rather than one that began in August and the new school year, so I understand what you mean.

      I like your goal and I hope you can achieve it. I hope I can achieve mine too.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the goal - I know you can do it. As for me, just getting through it is my goal these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting through is goal enough.

      Delete
  4. I look forward to reading them. For me and P to stay healthy so we can make special memories with our granddaughter.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your goal - I'd trade if I could!

      Delete
  5. So glad you had a wonderful visit with your family, PK! It's good you have a writing goal. You can do it!

    Unlike you, I do not enjoy the voices that speak to me in my head. HA! I am hoping for some balance and calm this year. I plan to fish more with my dad once the weather allows and Storm and I are planning on having a full golf season together this year. Lots of dog walking as well. And cooking. That's too much stuff! LOL! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your plans. But really, you don't enjoy the voices in your head? I'd be lonely with out Cassie talking to me.

      Delete