I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Flo, Flo go away!

Many of you know I live in North Carolina. And you’ve probably heard we have a very unwelcome visitor coming. I’m well away from the coast but it’s starting to sound more and more like that’s not going to matter. I have lots of family and friends in the areas where they expect catastrophic damage. Since the storm is supposed to come all the way inland and cover Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and  Virginia, you realize there is nowhere close for anyone to evacuate to



I can’t imagine packing everything you can carry into your car – a kid or two, a pet or two and trying to find gas to travel and a place to stay. All the folks having to get out have my prayers.

I’ve begun looking around our home. I’m very grateful that we cut six big trees from around our house last year. Unfortunately that still leaves three big one very close. Our last big storm was Hugh in 1989, LJ was just a baby. Since then we've had no big storms like this in the summer and no ice storms in the winter. Those two things take out some weaker trees and branches a little at the time, but it’s not happened lately so that problem could be significant.

Our biggest problem could be no electricity. I can live without lights, we have flashlights and lanterns. I can live without cooking, I'd be happy with chips and cookies for quite a while. No internet - that's harder, but I can read play solitaire with real cards and I could read an actual book if my Kindle battery goes dead. But air conditioning - now that would be hard to live without. No fan, no nothing. I wonder if I could sleep on a float in the pool? 

When Hugo came through we were very lucky. We were only without power for about nine hours. Some of our friends were without for more than two weeks. I don’t really know how to prepare for that. We don’t have a generator and we haven’t needed one since 1989 so I don’t know if it would be that great an investment, but I wouldn’t mind having one now.


Being the worry wart I am I also worry about Mollie’s property and she only rolls her eyes when I give her suggestions for being prepared. Yes, I might get to tell her ‘I told you so’, but I’d really rather she just listen.

Since I probably won’t have internet access, I’ll text some friends and have them let folks know we’re alive and well. But if you have some prayers to offer, the my state and a few others could sure use them.

25 comments:

  1. My family and I will definitely be praying for you guys! I am worried for you all! Please do whatever you can to be safe! Big Hugs and Many Prayers! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really think we'll be safe, in-convinced maybe, but safe.

      Delete
  2. Oh Pk, we all be thinking of you all over there. Good luck, hope you can stay safe.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems like crazy weather is popping up everywhere these days.

      Delete
  3. Hi PK,

    Sending thoughts and prayers for all those in the path of Florence. Will be thinking of you. Please do all you can to stay safe and keep us posted if you can.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll update when possible. It's the coast that I worry about the most.

      Delete
  4. We are here thinking about you all. I hope the hurricane is not as bad as the news people are reporting.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope it's much less severe than they think.

      Delete
  5. thinking of you and yours...be safe...sending positive thoughts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terps, we'll be fine.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous6:12 AM

    PK praying for you and everyone in the path of this storm. Be safe. Sue-B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue! Keep on praying.

      Delete
  7. Sending hugs and positive thoughts, PK ... to you and your family ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deena7:18 AM

    Sending prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. PK Definitely praying. I saw a forecast that says if the temperatures from the north come down just right, it could cause the storm to stall at sea and change direction to south and not come inland. PRAYING that happens, and if not, praying for safety and that you keep power. :)
    Hugs, EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hurricanes have a mind of their own for sure. I would love this one to head back out to sea.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous10:13 AM

    PK,
    We bought headlamps that last time we lost power due to trees on wires from a big storm. I could send them to you and Nick, but they will not make it in time. Be careful. This one is huge. Safety is all that matters.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer - we're pretty good on light. Could you send some air conditioning?

      Delete
  11. Stay safe PK! This is big! Prayers to you all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll do our best! Thanks.

      Delete
  12. I’ve been worrying about you! Please stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please stay safe and well...not only you but everyone in its path

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish we could send some cool air to you. If the pool isn't full of debris, maybe you can take a swim every hour or two. We have several small table fans that run on batteries. You might want to get a few for the next storm. It's worth the cost of batteries to have some comfort. Not the same as a/c that dries the air but better than nothing. The pool is the best though. Hopefully everyone down there makes it out fine. Be safe.
    Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete