I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, July 19, 2018

TBT - Ode to a Repair Man

Throw back Thursday again today. I first wrote this in 2006, but it's certainly still true. I wonder if anyone else can relate. The question is, have you ever helped your HOH try to install an appliance or repair pipes or such? I have to do this occasionally and it is not one of my favorite activities. 


‘Ode to a Repair Man’


or

How to help your HOH replace a dishwasher
while the pipes under the sink fall apart as he touches them.


Have you ever tried to help install or replace a dishwasher, or some other appliance? I have some tips:

Rule one – Shut up. He does not want your help verbally; he does not want your opinion, your suggestions or anything else from you that requires speech.

Stay close. This is not the time to sit at the computer and laugh your ass off at someone’s post, relax in front of the tube or chat on the phone to a friend. This is especially true if the phone conversation includes how long it is taking to get the appliance installed. (see rule one)

Other helpful hints would include learning the names of basic tools. If he asks for a wrench, he does not want the needle nose pliers. Do not ask “Well, can’t you just use that?” (see rule one)

Realize that 99% of his questions are rhetorical and do not require an answer. Questions like, “Where did I put the damn screw?” “Why is this piece of shit falling apart?” and “Who needs a fucking dishwasher in the first place?” should not be answered. (see rule one)

Try to keep the flash light shinning in the direction he is looking. If you stare longing back toward the computer the light will veer away from the correct spot. If he grabs it out of you hand, don’t say “Your head got in the way.”(see rule one)

Lastly but not least - all finger gestures must be done out of sight of the HOH and comments like ‘Bite me’ and ‘Kiss my ass’, while perfectly acceptable, must be said in you head, not muttered aloud. (see rule one)

16 comments:

  1. PK,
    I can answer the question 'who needs an effing dishwasher?" ME! I do! I do! What cracks me up is the kind of people who wash their dishes first and then put them in a dishwasher (my mother.)

    Love the flashlight misdirection! haha Hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both! My dad sold appliances so we got a dishwasher when I was ten. I have an older sister so my dishwashing day were few. And I don't plan on starting now!

      Delete
  2. LoL Pk, too funny, and sounds about right lol. Thanks for the tips, rule one...got it☺

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rule one goes for many, many things.

      Delete
  3. Been there and got a sore bottom for it as I forgot rule one:)

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one we all seem to forget or ignore.

      Delete
  4. Hahahaha - rule one . Yes. Noted. Probably the most easily forgotten rule ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your "Rule One," PK. The language deteriorates at the same rate as the old pipes.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember this and loved all over again! Rule #1 is so completely true. I'm usually required to just leave the room.
    Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaving the room would be easier. But Nick likes me around for handing him things, or having someone to fuss at one.

      Delete
  7. LOL!! ... I have so been there! ... that darn flashlight is the hardest thing to hold still! ... nj

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous10:20 AM

    PK,
    I, too, have so been there!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete