I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Meme fun


Ronnie got this meme from SNP's and I wanted to get in on it too.

1: Do you like to use post-it notes?

Are you kidding? I’m a teacher! I live for post-it notes!  And I only use the bright colored, neon ones, the brighter the better.

2: Do you take shampoos/conditioner bottles from hotels?

Only the ones I’ve already opened. I’m assuming they would throw them out anyway.

3: Have you ever stolen a street sign before?

Nope, never really considered it.

4: Do you have freckles?

Not a freckle on me.

5: Do you always smile for pictures?

Yes, usually.

6: What's your biggest peeve?

Having ‘experts’ tell me how to do my job.  The people they pay to give workshops, the hundreds of people at the education center, even principals… all I know about them for sure is that they no longer want to teach school – they just want to tell me how to do it.

7: What's your favorite food?

Anything unhealthy, unfortunately.  I love chips and donuts just about anytime. I don’t buy them or keep them at the house, but I do love them.

8: What movies could you watch over and over and still love?

Fried Green Tomatoes, Same Time Next Year, Cat Ballou

9: When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper?

A few months ago.  Mollie loves real mail.  I email her every morning but she love mail in her box too.  Just a note about my mom, when my sister went to college she mentioned about the second week that there was nothing sadder than an empty mailbox.  My mother wrote her a letter every day for the next 4 years, and when I started college she did it for me too. She was a very special lady.

10: Favorite kind of sandwich?

I love a nice rare roast beef sandwich.

11: Best thing to eat for breakfast?

Blueberry pancakes and crisp bacon.

12: What is your usual bedtime?

I usually get there around midnight.  When Nick isn’t home, make that about 2 AM.

13: Do you sing in the shower?

No, I’m barely awake when I take my shower.

14: Would you ever strip or pose nude in a magazine?

Not now.  But I admire people who do it tastefully.  And I really admire the Dove commercials showing all body types and sized.

29 comments:

  1. You and I share a pet peeve and a love of post-it notes. I have to sit in one of those meetings this week. Not excited. It was great to learn a little more about you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been in one of those meetings every day for the past two weeks an it's wearing fairly thin. We should talk sometime.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to try that meme too. I love blueberry pancakes.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hermione,
      Blueberry anything is pretty good.

      Delete
  3. If I make it to work Friday, I have one of those delightful meetings to attend! I can enjoy the food and social aspect, but then I want to rage, and stomp out! Most of the time it's all a bunch of malarkey!
    I have stolen a sign temporarily as a practical joke! It may have backfired a bit when the police showed up at the door of our victims. Good thing they believed our victims story. Course the sign was provably six feet long and two to three feet wide! No one in their right mind would steel something and leave it out in the open!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minelle,
      I can be much calmer at the meetings now that retirement is almost in sight.

      Delete
  4. Your biggest peeve was enlightening. I hear of teacher training days, but never thought about it being annoying for the teachers ... huh, just like the training sessions I have to endure for my profession.

    Amazing that your mother wrote every day. She was very special.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      I guess most people that have done their jobs well for years are a bit leery of those who don't really know what you do day to day giving you instructions.

      Mom was great - I miss her so.

      Delete
  5. PK,
    interesting, I have to agree, 'Same Time Next Year', is my all time favourite, the other two are great films also.
    Love and warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,
      The book of Same Time Next Year give just a tiny bit more information, I loved the book.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous9:23 AM

    PK - You have great taste in breakfast! My two favorites as well! I love love love crisp bacon and blueberry pancakes!

    I had a laugh at the street sign question... I sit here knowing that I've once stolen a street sign with of all things... a teeter totter on it.. I suppose it meant a park was nearby... a stupid high school thing I did way back when.

    What a fun meme though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emi,
      Pancakes, one of the only thinks I cook! I think most of us were a little crazy in high school.

      Delete
  7. Love crips bacon, Same Time Next Year too. That's all I can remember - what does that say about my brain - it's only been 30 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny,
      It says it's about the same as my brain!

      Delete
  8. Not my favourite but I like rare roast beef sandwiches.

    I love pancakes. Yesterday was pancake day in the UK and I couldn't have any as I was on my depro diet:(

    Haven't seen Same Time Next Year.

    Do you still have any of the letters your mother wrote when you were at college?

    Thanks PK, enjoyed reading.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie,
      I do still have many of mom's letters and Mollie has every letter I've ever written here. I used to send her one every day when she went off to camp each summer. You should get a copy of Same Time Next Year - It's great.

      Delete
  9. Well, I could just sit here and admire your taste in food (shouldn't Fried Green Tomatoes be an answer on the food questions?), but I did the sensible thing. I never stole a street sign, but stealing meme's is one my specialties.

    If only I had known. I would have gotten myself adopted by your mother!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bas,
      Mom would have loved to have a son to go along with her girls. And I don't eat tomatoes.

      Delete
  10. Hey PK...Really enjoy learning more about everyone and Meme's can be so much fun. 'Fried Green Tomatoes' is one of my favorite movies...when Kathy Bates rams the smarta$$ girls' car yelling "Towanda!", I thought I was going to lose it. Fried green tomatoes are also one of my favorite foods...yummy.

    Hope everything is going well with you and Nick.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat,
      The older I get the more I love that scene! Thanks, Nick and I are fine.

      Delete
  11. As I told Bas, it's always fun finding out about the everyday things we rarely mention on our blogs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Faerie,
      When they say list 10 facts about yourself I can never think of a thing - but ask me a question and I'll spill my guts!

      Delete
  12. I enjoyed reading your answers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SNP,
      I've got to stop lurking and visit more.

      Delete
  13. Memes can be so much fun. I love learning about quirks and it always tickles me when I find someone like-mind. I thought about playing along, but realized it's almost 1:00 in the morning. Perhaps tomorrow.

    I just found your blog. I enjoyed what I've read so far and can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clementine,
      I hope you'll come by again. There are many, many like minded people here!

      Delete
  14. Hi PK, thanks for sharing these. I always love finding out a little more about blog friends. A fellow night owl eh?

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz,
      If I was retired I think I'd be up until 2 every night - of course Nick might keep me standing forever if I tried it.

      Delete
  15. Anonymous8:38 PM

    What's up Dear, are you genuinely visiting this website regularly, if so afterward you will definitely obtain good know-how.

    Also visit my website; payday 1
    my page > read what they said about it

    ReplyDelete