Long time readers don’t have to read today. You all ready know all this, but we have new readers all the time, blogger, commenters, lurkers and so a few times a year I feel the urge to push my other blog.
For those of you who do not know I also write a fiction blog – Cassie’s Space. It is a source of pure joy for me. If someone tells me that they like me, or think something I write is worth reading, it makes me happy. But if someone tells me that they like Cassie, or when they leave a comment over at her site is like someone telling me that they think my kids or (future) grandkids are beautiful and special and I’m so happy I just want to hug the stuffin’ out of them.
A brief introduction – Cassie and her beloved Tom have been married for over 40 years. Yes they are senior citizens, but I don’t think anyone would call them old. Theirs is a pure love story, but this Prince Charming doesn’t hesitate for a moment to turn his love over his knee and turn her lovely bottom scarlet should she put herself in danger or behave in a way unbecoming a lady.
Cassie is a lady – but her ability to enjoy herself has never diminished. Cassie’s friend Sue is often at her side egging her on. Another old friend Annie, and Cassie’s soon to be daughter-in-law, Allie, try to keep Cassie and Sue out of trouble, but often is seems to be a lost cause. You might like this story to get to know Cassie and her friends – it has several parts that I’ve linked.
I’ve posted Cassie’s story for over six years now. I hope you’ll look back at a few stories or just jump into the one that going on currently. But either way I hope you’ll come by. If you're a blogger and you're willing to link her, I'd appreciate it. If you decide to leave a comment, Cassie will be the one answering it. You see, although I know she’s fiction; I’ve never been able to convince her.
I came across this meme that Cassie did years ago and I thought I’d repost it here. It gives you a feel for Cassie’s personality and if anyone else would like to do the meme yourself, please have at it.
1. Have you ever been searched by the cops?
That has happened a time or two – nothing to serious.
2. Do you close your eyes on roller coasters?
I am not a roller coaster fan. I will leave the riding to other.
3. When’s the last time you've been sledding?
I don’t really remember – it’s been a long time.
4. Would you rather sleep with someone else, or alone?
I hate sleeping alone. I want to sleep with Tom even when I’m mad at him. Alone is horrible!
5. Do you believe in ghosts?
6. Do you consider yourself creative?
Only when I am coming up with excuses for why Tom should not spank me.
7. Do you think O.J. killed his wife?
I believe that he did.
8. Jennifer Aniston or Angelina Jolie?
Yes? What about them?
9. Do you stay friends with your ex's?
My ex is dead. We would not be friends.
10. Do you know how to play poker?
Do I know how to play poker?? I was one of the best poker players you ever saw. However my gambling career was cut short…
11. Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
Many, many times.
12. What's your favorite commercial?
I didn’t know I was supposed to be picking favorites.
13. What are you allergic to?
14. If you're driving in the middle of the night and no one is around do you run red lights?
Well… I suppose, I mean no! Never!
15. Do you have a secret that no one knows but you?
Of course I do! Doesn’t everyone?
16. Boston Red Sox or New York Yankees?
These are sports teams aren’t they?
17. Have you ever been Ice Skating?
I have and I am pretty good at it.
18. How often do you remember your dreams?
Pretty often, sometimes I get up during the night and write them down.
19. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
I think that would have been when I played a small prank on Tom; actually it wasn’t only laughter that brought tears to my eyes!
20. Can you name 5 songs by The Beatles?
I Want to Hold Your Hand, Love me do, Yellow Submarine, Help, Imagine, Eleanor Rigby, I Saw Her Standing There… shall I go on?
21. What's the one thing on your mind now?
Is Tom going to come in and tell me to get off the computer before I get this finished?
22. Do you know who Ghetto-ass Barbie is?
I have not had the pleasure.
23. Do you always wear your seat belt?
If I were ever caught with out my seat belt I probably wouldn’t have a behind left to sit on!
24. What cell service do you use?
25. Do you like Sushi?
It’s not my favorite but I have it occasionally.
26. Have you ever narrowly avoided a fatal accident?
On more that one occasion, but not necessarily in a car.
27. What do you wear to bed?
It depends. Often I sleep in the nude but if I have gotten ready for bed early and have on my gown I will sometimes leave it on. Tom prefers me sleeping in nothing unless we are away from home.
28. Been caught stealing?
29. What shoe size do you have?
Why would you want to know?
30. Do you truly hate anyone?
I don’t think so. That’s a strong word.
31. Classic Rock or Rap?
I try not to sound so old but I cannot listen to Rap. Put me down for Classic Rock.
32. If you could sleep with one famous person, who would it be?
33. Favorite Song?
Roberto Flack’s, First Time Ever I Saw Your Face. I think of Tom each time I hear it, and it brings tears to my eyes every time.
34. Have you ever sung in front of the mirror?
I’m sure I have at one time or another.
35. What food do you find disgusting?
Snails – something about them just makes me uncomfortable.
36. Do you sing in the shower?
I’m not a singer but, again, I have.
37. Did you ever play, "I'll show you mine, if you show me yours"?
Not as a child.
38. Have you ever made fun of your friends behind their back?
No, I have many faults but that is not one of them.
39. Have you ever stood up for someone you hardly knew?
40. Have you ever been punched in the face?
Yes, several time, but all that is a distance memory.