I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Sisters

I got the following email from a friend in real life and I immediately thought of my friends here and even though it speaks of women there are wonderful men out here that fit this too…

Life happens.

Distance separates.

Children grow up.

Jobs come and go.

Love waxes and wanes.

Men don't do what they're supposed to do.

Hearts break.

Parents die.

Colleagues forget favors.

Careers end.

BUT - Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles

are between you. A girlfriend is never farther away than needing her.

When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by

yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering

you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf,

and waiting with open arms at the valley's end.

Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you, or

come in and carry you out.

Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in- law, sisters,

sisters-in-law, mothers, grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins and

extended family all bless our life.

When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the

incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead, nor did we know how much we

would need each other.

Every day, we need each other still.

4 comments:

  1. That just about says it all, not just about you and your twin but about lots of us who have made forever friends here online... reading that made me immediately think of my "mom," Mthc, Lessa and M;e, you and so many others!

    Love,
    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:48 AM

    I really liked your post. So true and sweet. :)
    Congrats on your one year diet program. I'm really glad your a part of the diet buddies. :)
    BIG HUGS
    padme amidala

    ReplyDelete
  3. PK, great post, that's a friend indeed.
    I just hope that among all the womenfolk there is the occasional father, uncle, nephew, granddad, brother or man friend.
    Men can be supportive, loving and caring and if there are no sisters around, a man might just do. *G*
    Warm hugs,
    Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!

    Huggs
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete