I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, April 17, 2023

My boys and the importance of plays


I finally got confirmation that my boys are coming to visit later this month. Well, they aren’t coming to visit me specifically, but they are coming.  The real reason is a retirement party for a special teacher that both of them remember fondly. This was their theater teacher. There is a surprise party for her after the final performance of her final play. She has no idea that they’re coming and I think she will be very happy to see them.


Plays are a true connection for LJ and Collin. LJ remembers seeing Collin for the first time when Collin was the star of his senior play. LJ was there on a field trip with his third-grade class. This teacher they are coming to see was doing her student teaching that year. About eight years later Collin was again the lead in a local play and LJ was a town’s person in the same play. Eight years after that, at their wedding, Collin said, “I remember walking out on an outdoor stage in a small town in the south and a boy smiled at me and changed my life.” It was this teacher that encouraged LJ to try out for that play. She brings many, many good memories for my boys. And I can’t wait to see them!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:40 AM

    Hi PK,

    I loved reading how the boys met, certainly a special connection to the teacher. I think it's wonderful they are throwing a surprise party.

    You, of course will also be thrilled at their visit :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love to see my boys. They won't be here long, but I'll take what I can get.

      Delete
  2. Live theatre is a magic and connection that can't be replaced with anything else.
    Happy for you and the boys, PK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They both love live theater! I guess they have good reasons!

      Delete
  3. Happy that you will see your boys. A lovely gesture to throw a surprise party for the teacher.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really missed them at Christmas so I'm excited about seeing them now.

      Delete
  4. Deena8:51 PM

    So nice that they’re coming for a visit! Very cool to hear how theater played a role in their relationship. Enjoy the time together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't guess they would have met without theater. And they are still enjoying it, but not doing much acting.

      Delete