I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

This and That

I’ve been a little slack posting lately. Let me catch you up on a few things. Let’s talk about the cpap. I’ve grown to tolerate it. Is it helping? I have no idea. Since I didn’t snore or wake up gasping for breath before I began using it, I can’t say I’ve seen any improvement but I’m going to hope that it’s helping. At least it's not blowing all over my face every night.


The Ozempic is helping. My blood sugar is the best it’s been in years and I’ve been able to cut down on my Metformin. Now the real bonus in all this is that I’ve lost fifteen and a half pounds. The doctor just increased my dose and she thinks the weight loss will continue. That’s something that would really help me.


This morning I’m beginning an exercise class – it’s silver sneakers, which is supposed to be for seniors. But I’m familiar with the young woman teaching it and she is brutal! Evidently, she believes ‘seniors’ have the strength and stamina of Olympic weightlifters. Here’s hoping I survive.

Sunday was a fun day. Mollie and I went to see the play Come from Away about passengers stranded in Newfoundlandafter 9/11. If you don’t know the about this, Google it. It’s a very interest story and a high energy play and I got to spend the day with Mollie! Can’t beat that.



  

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:32 AM

    Hi PK, I enjoyed reading your update. Silver sneakers...I love it. Good on you!

    So glad you are getting on better with the CPAP and wow, that is an awesome result from the Ozempic! It's not available here yet, but I think it's coming. It hit the media recently with it's popularity and the resulting supply issues.

    I hadn't heard of the play. It sounds interesting. Glad you and Mollie spent some time together.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mollie and i did have a great day. I know lots of people are trying Ozempic just for weight loss and I can't blame them. But I'm so happy that it's keeping my blood sugar down.

      Delete
  2. I've heard about the good things Ozempic can do for you. Discontinuing it will stop the weight loss, but it sounds like you are making great progress.

    I would love to see Come From Away. That was such a terrible time for the world, and I am proud that Canada stepped up.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We most defiantly appreciate our Canadian neighbor's! I hope you can see this play sometime.

      Ozempic really cuts your appetite and that helps so much.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic on weight loss. How much longer do you have to use the cpap machine?

    Happy you spent time with Mollie. Never heard of the show.

    Ozempic has been in the media recently regarding celebrities taking it.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many are on the cpap for life - but maybe if I lose the weight it won't have to be that long.

      Right after 9/11 US air space was closed and all planes had to land. Seven thousand people landed in Newfoundland in a town who's population was about 7,000. Those people fed and housed all the plane people for five days. Amazing!

      Delete
  4. Hi PK, i saw Come from away a few years ago and was absolutely ecstatic about it, loved it so much i tried to recommend it to each and every person i was talking to. Heartbreaking, thought-provoking, feel good, feel really good, can't praise it enough good. I live in a big city, and every time, we drive one hour or more outside the city, and you see how different the life in small towns is, how different people are. Keeps you grounded, you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely. I live is a small southern town - and I love it!

      Delete
  5. https://comefromaway.com/tickets.php?content=tixtour

    Check the tour dates, there is a North American tour, UK and Ireland, and AU/NZ. If it's anywhere near you, go and see it. It's a truly remarkable show you will never forget, especially if you are old enough to remember 9/11...

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a lovely update. does the cpap have an automated reporting tool like an app or does it store information on some kind of card? the ones my relatives have send all that info to the clinic and even tho they don't know if it helps, the clinic does tell them they see improvements in the sleep habits. i hope it gives you much needed rest, even if you don't realise it. Glad to hear the meds are working and that you've got silver sneakers to go to! sounds like fun (if brutal lol)!

    ReplyDelete