I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Monday, January 30, 2023

It's none of my business, but...

I have thoughts, suggestions… advice maybe, rolling around in my head. And we all know that my advice is worth exactly what you’re paying for it.



There is a group of people that I’m worried about. Some are my family members, some are friends who live close to me and some are my blogging friends that I’ve never met in person. But all these people have something in common and it concerns me – none of my business, but I’m still concerned.

 

When covid struck we all retreated into our homes and rightly so. The stuff was deadly and we had no good way to fight it. Gradually, ever so gradually, we got some help. The vaccine was developed as well as various treatments. Infusions, antiviral and a few other things. Slowly with the protection of the vaccines and boosters, we began coming out and mingling with others again.



But some have chosen not to. Several of my family and friends – both near and far, have decided not to come out and possible expose themselves. And I’m not telling them to! Covid is still out there and everyone has to do what makes them comfortable. But here’s the thing ...

 

Covid is never going away. Not in our lifetimes.

 

I feel a kinship to those who only want to stay home – I’ve felt that way most of my life. But I worry about those who choose to never leaving the house, never going out to eat, never again visiting with friends or family, never going to the movies or shopping or on vacation. Life is short. Most of these wonderful folks I worry about are, like me, not spring chickens. I just don’t what them to feel that they have to spend the rest of their life shut up in their homes.

 


So, here’s where the suggestions, advice come in. If you feel comfortable giving it a try. Grab your honey and go back to your favorite restaurant between two and four in the afternoon when there are very few people there. Pick the store you liked to shop at the most and arrive there as it opens on a Monday or Tuesday morning. Or do what I did, go to a movie matinee on a Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday – you may need to check this out if you live in a big city but when I went with my friend to see Avatar: The Way of Water at 4:15 on a Wednesday afternoon there were a total of three of us in the whole theater. 


You can wear your mask and even gloves if it makes you feel more comfortable. Think of it like exercise, it may be something you need to do for your overall well-being. And if – God forbid – you run into covid out there, I pray your experience will be no worse than mine was. Just feeling like I had a lousy cold for about four days and then it was done.

 

These are just my thoughts. Just something I hope you think about and then make the best decision for you. But there is a nice old world out there, full of some wonderful people and lovely experiences. I’d hate for you to miss all this forever.




13 comments:

  1. Hi PK,

    Those are some great suggestions. You can't blame people being cautious, especially those who may be vulnerable or who are compromised. I just wish this darn virus would disappear!

    I started to feel less and less comfortable as restrictions were gradually lifted and was not happy at all at the thought of returning to the office and public transport. Covid is alive and well in the office! However, it doesn't stop me from getting out abd about, going to cafe's, malls etc, I just make sure to mask in crowded situations.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame people for taking precautions at all. I think everyone should. I just worry that since this is going to be around forever - like the flu, that some people are going to miss out on so much by not ever going out.

      Delete
  2. Everyone needs to do what ever makes them feel safe and comfortable. But maybe in the spring if the covid rate goes down, then these places I mentioned might be good places to begin to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:03 AM

    I still do most of the errands like groceries and pharmaceuticals. Ron has progressed from only getting gas for the car to going to the beer store. We don't eat in restaurants, and have been to a mall together for Covid boosters and new pillows. Otherwise it's online shopping.
    I wish I could go back to the church choir but that seems risky, and with two young dogs, Ron would find it hard to be alone with them for very long. They're too rambunctious for one person to handle!

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess we've gone back to pretty much normal as far as going out and all. I still do mostly online shopping, but I've been to a few stores. We eat out regularly. We did catch covid but that came from Travis' boss and his wife - the only three that work in the building. I want everyone safe, but with Covid never completely going away, I just hate to think that folks will never feel comfortable coming out again.

      Delete
  4. When the pandemic began, we told ourselves that it's only for a while and we can amuse ourselves with streaming services, DoorDash, and the occasional spanking. Last summer, I came to realize that that we were deceiving ourselves. There is no end, at least in our lifetimes, and if we join the army of the unmasked, that won't be long.

    Randy has health issues that make his survival with COVID unlikely. We stay home most of the time. I'm not ready to lose him. Our older lives are not what we imagined, but we are still living.

    I appreciate your thoughtful suggestions, PK, but that's not for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure don’t blame you for doing everything in your power to keep Randy well. Luckily for me, I feel reasonably safe after my vaccine and several boosters. I hope things will improve enough for you all to be out and about sometime in the future. But until then, you have something special with what you have.

      Delete
  5. The class clown that I am, at least my online persona, could not sit one out, again.
    Covid, together with politics and religion, whatever your stance or circumstances are, I do respect and do not suggest, although I must admit that PK suggestions are all very creative and thoughtful for those who do want to come out gradually. But again we all have different opinions and circumstances, and live in different areas of the world, also a huge factor.
    But... as a self-proclaimed class clown, if I can put a smile on your face even for a moment, my job is done. You know where to find me. I love and respect you all dearly. Until then I will peruse your archives and post snappy comments to really really old posts. And talk about the weather! Yes, after a few days of snow, the sky is finally bright blue and it's sunny, which means super cold but looks so beautiful and crisp through the window. Bummer, I forgot to snap a picture. Bum-mer, get it? I forgot to put bum-mer on that list of spanking expressions...
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You come by anytime – and you’re right we are all in different circumstances. I just want everyone feeling safe and free. Hope you like the older post.

      Delete
  6. I like your suggestions. We have gone back to eating out. I still wear a mask in certain places. I antibac before I go into pl;aces and again when I come out.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still avoid crowds – but I’d probably do that if Covid had never happened. I’m happy feeling free to go out. I’m careful, but I don’t want to stay home all the time.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous9:44 PM

    Hi PK, I'm amazed that so many people are saying that they are still staying home.

    We've gotten the vaccines. Had the kids vaccinated. They go to school without mask. We are almost back to the old routine. We still avoid large crowds.

    But otherwise, we don't wear mask. We grocery shop. Eat out. Go to parks. I actually feel like things are getting back to normal and if Covid isn't going away, it's no longer a big deal.

    No one in our group wouldn't freak out of we got the flu. Most won't feak out if we came down with Covid. It's just part of life now.

    We caught it for Christmas in 2021. Along with all the family members that came over in small groups. It was mild for everyone. It really hasn't hit anyone in our closest groups since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you and I feel about the same way on this. It seems many aren’t ready to come out yet and everyone has to do what feels right to them. But like you, I’ve had all the vaccines and boosters, my flu shot… and I’m going out and enjoying life as best as I can.

      Delete