I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, July 22, 2021

The time has come...

It’s my blogging anniversary. I put up my first post July 22, 2006. Fifteen years, FIFTEEN YEARS! That seems unbelievably to me. I found blogs just before I turned fifty and the discovery changed my life. I accepted that I was a spanko and that there was nothing wrong with that. From the women I met here, I got the courage to come out to Nick and that began the best time in our entire marriage. It opened up my love of writing, telling the stories in my head and in just about two weeks my sixteenth book will be published.

 


Through this blog I’ve met the best friends I’ve ever had in this world. Friends I could truly open up to about everything in my life. Many I’ve had the privilege of meeting in real life. I’ve traveled to their homes, we’ve been on vacation together and I’ve hosted six bloggers here at my house. Since I don’t do much cooking, I use the term ‘hosted’ loosely, but let’s say they spent the night here. Such special people that I only met because of this blog. I’d go so far as to say these have been the best years of my life – so far.

 

Most my longtime acquaintance no longer blog, but a few do – Ronnie, Bonnie, Hermione, Terps, Morningstar, Fondles, Minelle, and Windy come to mind and I’m sure I’ve left some out. And I still have friendships with the people who email, and those who still comment, most notably the ever faithful, Roz! 

 

But … all good things must come to an end. As the popularity of blogging has gone down, comments dropping off, I feel more and more like I’d talking to myself. And I can do that without all the typing. I’m coming up on my business time of the year – getting ready for our big family reunion. So I’m taking some time off.

 

Just as there are no rules for blogging, neither are their rules for stopping. I’m not disappearing.  I’ll definitely put up a post when the new book is released. I may comment some and I’ll definitely be answering any emails. I may find I really miss it and come back. I may decide this is it for good. But except for the book post I don’t plan to put anything up for at least a month or so. Then I might start back with Fantasy Friday – I know I’ll start that back if I get new stories. If you have stories to send, or if you just want to visit I’m at elisspeaks@yahoo.com

 

To blogland and all the people who have ever inhabited it

 

I love you!

and

I thank you!

 

You have made my life better!

27 comments:

  1. Hi PK, aww,thank you for the shout out.

    Happy Blogiversary! Wow, 15 years is a wonderful milestone. You are such a cornerstone of blogland. You have encouraged many to start blogging and writing not to mention being such a wonderful and supportive friend.

    You can't go! Blogland just wouldn't be the same. I really hope you do pop in from time to time to let us know how you are doing. I definitely hope to keep in touch via email.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, you are the best! I always hated people leaving and completely disappearing. I'm not doing that. But I do need a break and then we'll see what happens next.

      Delete
  2. Eve though I knew this was coming, it still surprised me. I'll be seeing you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel a combination of sadness and relief.

      Delete
  3. PK, Happy Blogiversary. 15 years is a long time.

    I found you all those years ago, well Cassie and Tom I found before you so it wont be the same with you, but so happy you say you wont be disappearing. Look forward to when you pop in.

    Love and best wishes,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an exciting time 15 years ago. Everything was new and fun! I wish I had more on topic to discuss. But I won't lose contact completely.

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:52 AM

    I am very sad. You are like my morning cup of coffee. I don't drink coffee, but I start each morning with you and then read off of your sites on the side. In fact you are on my list so I just click on your tag. Now I will have to find others myself. I am mostly a lurker, but I have sent you a couple Fantasy Friday stories. In fact I have one rolling aorund in my head lately, but husband just had major surgery yesterday so the story got sent to the back. Should I still send it? I will sorely miss you every morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment! It's comments like this that make me not want to stop. But the blog itself isn't going anywhere. If you look back in the archives I think that there is some good stuff.

      I hope your husband it healing well and yes please send any story you write. New FF stories will give me an opportunity to pop back in.

      Delete
  5. 15 years and you're stopping??!! A milestone like that needs to be continued (grinning) I'm just kidding
    You take care of yourself and hopefully we'll see you around blogland occasionally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to have something on topic to write about. The few people who read and comment may want to hear about my kids and my writing - but I doubt it's bringing in new readers.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear that. You are my morning read. I will miss you.

    Hugs
    boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still here. Please email anytime.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous5:25 PM

    15 years is a long time, congratulations.
    I'm afraid I've been one of those people who have enjoyed your writing for years without commenting. I completely understand with the way the popularity of blogs has gone down, that it can feel a lot of work, without much return, but it does make me sad. You will be missed.
    Alice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved blogging - really I still do. That's why I'm leaving the door open. But for a few months I just want to relax and then see how I feel. If I come back I hope you will too.

      Delete
  8. Deena6:47 AM

    You will be missed for sure. Though I am not a blogger I do appreciate being connected to the community through you. That being said, I totally understand the need for time off cuz 15 years of sharing is a lot of years! Congratulations on your milestone!

    Best to you and looking forward to reading the next few books that are coming out! I'll drop by to check and see if you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deena, I'm going to try to pour more energy into the books. I have three simmering at the moment.

      Delete
  9. I am new to blogland and you are going!
    B :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogland is very different from when I began. I love all the stories out here, but I loved talking to real people about their daily lives in the lifestyle too. It's not bad, just different.

      Delete
    2. My daily life it writing for the O&P role-play game, as I play various adventures and capers with friends.
      I also write the spanking stories for the O&P blog, but I don't have the talent to write a book...
      B :)

      Delete
  10. I feel sad but really understand. Besides we, none of us have to follow rules. We can make our own. You are the one that said those words to me!
    I came back and only blog when I can. I still read and visit my friends. Thank you for always being the amazing person you are!
    Thanks for the shout out as well!
    Look forward to the new book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've become less of a rule follower as I've gotten older so I don't know exactly what I'll be doing. I'm glad the book is close.

      Delete
  11. WOW happy blogerversary PK! 15 years is a long time. And I'm so grateful for the friendship and even tho we've never had a chance to meet in person, well, hope springs eternal. If you're ever in Asia (not anytime soon, I imagine, esp with Covid restrictions) you HAVE to gimme a holler.

    I love you for your honesty and for dropping me an email whenever it looks like i've gone missing, just to check in. You can't imagine how touched I am whenever someone from Blogland does that.

    I'm glad you'll be popping in from time to time, and please do still visit us and leave a comment so we know how you're doing.

    Breaks are good. I've taken more than a few in my blog-lifetime.

    I hope you get a chance to fuel more passions, build more dreams, and finish all the things you still want to accomplish!

    Am sending you all the love from a tiny red dot of an island city on the equator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fondles! I'm low on blogging energy, but I still enjoy my friends here very much. Maybe a good break will help me get that energy back.

      Delete
  12. Just stopping by to let you know that your friendship has meant a lot to me as has your blog and your encouraging me to write when I needed to do so. Love you. Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you stopped by. Your friendship means a lot to me too. I think writing makes us stop and think what we really want to say, whether to ourselves or to others.

      Delete
  13. It has been a pleasure to get to know you through your blog and in real life. You were one of the first people who welcomed me to blogland oh so many years ago and I will forever be grateful for our friendship. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that goes on whether I write or not.

      Delete