I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Thursday, July 23, 2020

Everything's hitting at once

I’ve said that the whole lock down experience has caused little upheaval in my life other than worrying more about others. My kids mostly. But in the past two day that worry has really exploded. 



It began with an early morning call from LJ. LJ doesn’t call in the morning so I knew there was a problem. Collin’s sister-in-law, who was the same age as LJ,  had passed away. She’d been fighting cancer for two years and while it wasn’t unexpected it was devastating for the family. Between her and Collin’s brother they had four children, ages 12 to 20, who regarded her as their mother. Collin felt he had to come. His family is not the most stable and he is very close to the kids. 

But our state is a hot spot for Covid now. And unlike Collin himself, his family is of the ‘FOX news it’s all a hoax’ theory. So he’s worried about being around people who are not being careful. LJ wants to be here to support Collin, but they are in the midst of packing up to move to another apartment. The movers are scheduled to come tomorrow and the new tenants are moving in this weekend. So LJ couldn’t come. It’s daunting enough that he has to handle the move alone. Thankfully, they made a pact last night. LJ is to stop feeling guilty about not being here with Collin and his family and Collin will stop feeling guilty about not helping with the move. I hope it works.




I invited Collin to stay here. Truly his family is chaotic and while he loves them all very much, he needs a place of peace and quiet to rest and recover each day. And he’s more than welcome here. He has been so very cautious. We haven’t hugged, though I want to. He wears a mask when in the room with us and usually over six feet away. We’ve really seen very little of him. LJ says several friend have offered to help with the move. They do have professional movers, but he needs a couple of people, for holding doors, for transporting the cats, and just being there to support him – his friends have stepped up.

So as I worry about my boys, Mollie decided to pile on. Her school plans to go back next month with an A/B schedule on Mondays and Tuesdays. No one come on Wednesdays – virtual learning. Then A/B day schedule on Thursday and Friday. Of course this isn’t Mollie’s fault but I’m still not happy. Two teachers at her school have already lost their positions due to decreased numbers enrolled.  That puts Mollie and her partner as the last two hired and the next to go if the numbers continue to drop. They are letting parents who are fearful for their children to go back into the classroom to opt for totally on line learning. Unfortunately, parents of teachers were not given that option.

But what IS her fault is that she and two friends have decided to fly to Disney World next weekend. Honestly the child isn’t usually dumb, but… 



I feel they have planned it as safely as possible in this day and age. Except to NOT GO. She sent me articles on the safety protections Disney is taking. And it wasn’t like she ask me if she could go. She’s twenty-seven, what can I do but worry – and take care of the dog.

I feel I’m going to be a little more frazzled than usual for a few weeks. Everyone has to get back home and stay healthy so I can start to breathe again. Just in time for Mollie to return to the classroom. If you’re one to pray for others, I’d appreciate you throwing my kids in the mix.

8 comments:

  1. Hi PK, wow, things sounds stressful for everyone. I can certainly understand your worry. It's wonderful of you to offer Colin accommodation. I'm glad he is taking precautions, especially given his family isn't taking things seriously. It must be difficult for the boys to be apart right now. Of course they want to support each other. Glad it sounds like LJ will have some help with the move. I hope it all goes smoothly.

    As for Mollie, I definitely wouldn't be contemplating trips right now. No matter what precautions are in place.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just stress everywhere you turn these days. I hope it will all work out.

      Delete
  2. I’m so sorry. It’s so hard to be a parent during these times. We worry so much because we love so hard.
    I’m sure the boys will continue to worry about each other while doing what they need to do. Mollie, as an intelligent young woman will follow the safest protocols she should. Although, why she’s taking the trip now....
    Hmmmm.... did you step into my life of worry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She wants to go now because they are being so cautious at Disney and they are only letting in 50% of their capacity. But I still wish she wouldn't go.

      Delete
  3. Oh PK,

    I am so sorry that the stress is high. I LOVE that you stepped up for Colin....you show that there is love, compassion, and all the other good stuff in the world. You have a strength and courage that I wish I had.

    As for Mollie, well....to say that there is disappointment in that decision is an understatement. But that is all I am saying. I hope she stays safe for your sake and hers.

    Hugs
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Collin is family and I love him. I do pray Mollie will be safe.

      Delete
  4. Will do. COVID is going to be with us for a while yet and while we can be cautious we can't stop living. Give my condolences to Colin and LJ. Will Colin have to quarantine when he gets back home?
    I'm sure Molly will be careful. You remember back when you were young and impervious to any and all things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We will always worry about our children, no matter what their age. I am sorry everything is so stressful. Sending hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete