I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Nick Tries for the Third Time and Fails Again


I’ve told you how sweet Nick can be. That’s very true but he does have this bad habit of trying to kill me. He tried again this past weekend. 

His first attempt was back in July of 2014. We took a cruise and before we got on the ship he decided we should rent scooters and look around St. Augustine. That ended in both Nick and me wrecking (I’m sure his accident was purely to cover up the murder attempt.)  This attempt failed and while he ended up with a dislocated shoulder, I ended up sliding on the asphalt and leaving a good part of my leg there. 

I didn’t think of it as a murder attempt at the time. But after he tried again it got me thinking.

The second attempt came a year later, July of 2015. Nick asked me to go on a hike to a water falls. How far?  was my suspicious question. Only about a mile I was told. So, okay, off we went. I soon found out Nick’s mile and mine were vastly different. It was horrible – steep, rocky, roots everywhere. But I continued to follow him like a good wife. 

My guess was twenty to thirty miles later we reached the falls. Not much of a damn falls for the fifty miles we’d just hiked! Then it dawns on me that we have to hike back out. Coming out was closer to seventy-five miles and at one point I simply lay down on the rocky path to rest. Folks, let’s just say – it wasn’t pretty.


This is me on the bridge, hoping to live

Two attempts failed and I kinda hope he’d given up trying to kill me. Last Saturday I suggested breakfast in the mountains and he thought it would be a fine idea and that maybe we could see another falls while we were up there. I gave him a glare, to which he replied, “Don’t worry, it’s not nearly as far as that other falls and it downhill both ways, I promise.” Remembering the he estimate to the last falls I realized he wasn’t above lying.

This was part of the hike

I had hiked to this falls before – I’d even done it with Eve, back in the days of her blogging. But my knees were ten years younger then. Obviously, I lived to tell the tell. So the man failed again. Yes, the falls was lovely, but not worth the trek to me. We’re planning a trip out west this fall – do I dare get out of the car while we’re there?

The rest of our Saturday was lovely. We sat our chairs by a mountain lake and read and napped in the sun with a gentle breeze blowing over us. That part of the day was so good it reminded me of another day we spent in the mountains about ten years ago – he wasn’t trying to kill me that day, unless being on cloud nine counts. You’ll need to come back for TBT this week and I'll tell you all about it.


22 comments:

  1. Oh PK, I am so glad he failed in his dastardly attempts to deprive us of your presence in our lives! Come hide out at ours.....
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, this is one thing I'm happy he is not good at!

      Delete
  2. LoL Pk, I remember both of these prior attempts. As Jan said, so glad Nick failed again!

    Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Saturday together:) Looking forward to your TBT.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did turn into a lovely day, of course not as good as the one I'll tell you about Thursday.

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh PK! I havent yet read enough of your blog (I just started the beginning of your blog), but I think you need to talk to Nick! Where would us newbies be without your delightful stories!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have asked him to stop the attempts on my life - I hope he listened. Reading the whole blog? That's quite an undertaking! If you'd ever like to email - elisspeaks@yahoo.com

      Delete
  4. PK,
    You are a very clever writer. You do know how to spin a tale! My favorite line, "How far?" hahaha Maybe you should keep an eye on your life insurance policies? Oh gosh, the picture of you on lying on the bridge....you are too much. Hilarious! Glad you survived! Wonderful post, PK! Hugs! Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you should go no farther off the trail than you can carry a fully loaded cooler! I do know to watch my back now.

      Delete
  5. I'm going to smile every time I think of you surviving these dastardly attempts to do away with you. I'm happy to know that Nick isn't very good at it!
    Rosie Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm tickled that he's not good at everything!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12:30 AM

    PK,
    Love your hiking tales. Love the photo on the bridge. Very clever!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just not a hiker. That's what I get for marrying a husband who is very fit.

      Delete
  7. Good thing he’s terrible at murder attempts. If you need to run to the far east, come look me up! I’ll hide you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fondles, it's good to have some place to run!

      Delete
  8. Deena9:20 AM

    Oh my gosh, I just laughed and laughed. So sorry! I have never considered that my husband's penchant for athletic stuff (mine is for ice cream) was a way to kill me but now you have me wondering! Can't wait to read your TBT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may love these guys - but you've got to watch them for sure. I'm more an ice cream/bakery girl too.

      Delete
  9. PK, you had me in stitches again. I can just picture you on that trek. He knows you are more of an 'indoor girl' and yet to continue to try to make him happy. What a sport.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If he decides to hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, he's going to have to do it without his lovely wife at his side. I ain't doin' it!

      Delete
  10. We live in hiking country, PK ... Theres a trail at the end of just about every road. However, early adventures here, with my cousin getting us lost, has been a deterrent to getting Frank back out and about in the wilderness again. He'd rather be on the ocean and I'm perfectly happy with that.
    Looking forward toyour TBT followup post ;) ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiking on flat ground I can do - the climbing steep stairs with no rails, not so much. Walking along the beach is much better.

      Delete
  11. I know all about the "mile" hike that really is a lot longer or the "short 1 hour" kayaking trip that takes 7 hours. I feel for you. The view does look beautiful though. I am glad you ended up having a good time. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may be married to honest men, but they sure can stretch (or shorten) the truth out in nature.

      Delete