This cannot be happening! Allie’s mind would not let it in as she ran. She began yelling Cassie, Sue and Lane’s names, but no one answered. She looked up at the basket still caught in the treetop. They had fallen at least fifteen feet, maybe more. Annie and Jenny, Jenny limping, joined her as she continued to shout and paw through the thick bushes on the ground.
Finally she heard a distinctive, “Owww…” and hurried toward the sound.
“Cassie… Mom, I’m coming. Don’t move.” She called to the others, “Does anyone still have their phone? Mine flew out of my hand.”
“Yes, I’ve already called 911. They’re on their way. They already had two calls about it,” Annie told them.
Allie spotted the women and continued to tear through the undergrowth to get to them. Lane had managed to sit up but sat with her head between her knees, saying nothing. Cassie was moaning. Sue was out cold.
“Annie, are you hurt? Can you go back and flag down the ambulances?” Allie asked. “We’ll stay here.”
“Yes,” she answered quickly, backing out of the bushes.
Sue’s eyelids began to flutter. Jenny started talking to her quietly, telling her that she’d be fine and just to lie still.
As realization came back to Cassie, she got agitated. “Where’s Sue?” she demanded. “Is Annie all right? Jenny, Lane? Who’s hurt?” She looked pleadingly into Allie’s eyes.
“Everyone’s okay, Mom,” Allie told her, praying that she was right. “They’re sending medics to check everyone out. Now you just stay still until they get here.”
Sue too, was becoming more aware. “Cassie? You alright?” was the first thing she asked.
‘Yeah, I think so. Except something’s poking me and Allie won’t let me move. What about you?”
“I’m okay,” Sue confirmed. “Lane, you still with us?”
“I’m here,” she offered, raising her head. “I don’t feel broken anywhere.”
They could hear sirens in the distance now. Allie and Jenny breathed a sigh of relief. In the position they were lying, Cassie and Sue couldn’t see one another, but they continued to talk back and forth.
Allie watched the ambulances pull as close as they could and heard Sue ask Cassie, “This enough excitement for you?”
“Kiss my ass,” Cassie answered. Allie, Jenny and Lane all smiled with relief. Cassie and Sue were going to be fine.
Suspicions on the River,
Book Three
(a Cassie’s family story)
Cal and Jenny have a nearly idyllic marriage. There are rare trips across his lap for minor problems, but most of those trips are just for fun. Could that be changing? Pat, Cal’s former lover, has moved back to town and she wouldn’t mind giving it another try with Cal. She feels he can’t be serious about this little twit that he married so quickly. Pat feels that once Cal realizes she offers him a better option, he’ll choose her. But soon mysterious things begin happening to Pat. Is someone trying to run her out of town? Could that someone be Jenny?
Cassie and the whole river family try to keep Jenny occupied and out of trouble, but suspicions just go from bad to worse. Both Jenny and Pat want Cal and they’re willing to fight for him. How dirty will this fight get?
These ten books introduce Cassie. She is my friend and has been since she wandered into my imagination fifty-four years ago. She is married to Tom, the man who loves her in a way that makes my heart nearly burst with happiness for the two of them. He loves her, guides her, protects her and when necessary, spanks the fool out of her. I’ve been told that their adventures are exciting, funny and realistic. Their love-life is passionate and fulfilling – but you’ll hear no graphic details, Cassie is a lady and giving too much detail would not be proper.
Cal’s Law series
Cal and Jenny are one of my younger couple. The spanking in their relationship began mere minutes after they met, and Cal hasn’t let up much since. There relationship has it’s struggles, but these two are meant to be together. They live in the same town as Cassie and Tom and there is a lot of interactions among the character of both series. Jenny is not as reluctant as Cassie to openly discuss her sex life, so you’ll find a little more spice in this series.
On the River series
In this, my latest series, everyone is around – all the characters I’ve grown to love over the years are living on the area of the river that they call The Landing. Their lives, their adventures, even their spankings sometimes intertwine. By this time in the series, I’m just typing as my characters tell me what’s happening. And I love it!
I’ll close today with a review on the latest book. This is one of the finest reviews I’ve ever had.
Starting with the first Cassie book until now, I have never been disappointed or failed to wait expectantly for the next one.
And, of course, the links -
Cal's Law series
On the River series
On the River (book one)
Secrets on the River (book two)
Suspicions on the River (book three)
Family on the River (book five)
Sunset on the River (book six)





LoL at the ending. I would say that was definitely enough excitement. I do hope everyone recovers well, and quickly.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Roz
Whew! So glad everyone is okay. Thanks for completing the scene - great snippet!!
ReplyDelete