I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

I didn’t want to blog this

I woke up happy Monday morning. I’m nearly finished with the book and I had a great scene to write. I was curled up in bed, so comfortable when my heart began racing. What the heck? Why would my heart be racing?


I lay quietly hoping it would stop. It didn’t. I kept checking my pulse on my watch. It kept going up. This has happen every once in a while for a long time. Maybe once every two or three months for about thirty seconds or so. So it wasn’t high on my list of things to worry about. But this time it wasn’t stopping.

Then my jaw started hurting. This is something else that’s  been occurring occasionally for the last few months. I thought it was the beginnings of a tooth ache, but it did come and go. Then I got to thinking about jaw pain being a sign of heart trouble in women. I checked my pulse again and it was 175. 

Okay several possibilities – Wait until my Doctor office opens and call? This was happening at 6:00 am. Call Nick to come take me to the hospital and see if it really is anything? He’s was at work about forty minutes away. Call 911?  Since I’ve never done that, it seemed overly dramatic. 


So I went with a combination. I called 911 and Nick. The heart rate was in the 90’s. And paramedics came and did an EKG – everything seemed okay, but they suggested that I go to the hospital. I decided to wait on Nick and he took me. 

Everything was okay there. The EKG was good and the blood work was too.  But they wanted me to see my doctor and said she would  probably refer me to a cardiologist. So, excitement abounds – just not the kind I would like.

32 comments:

  1. Oh gosh PK, that must have been scary. You did the right thing calling Nick and 911, I'm so glad you had it checked out.

    You definitely should follow up with your GP. Please keep us updated.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be doing that Thursday. I think the deciding what I needed to do was scarier than the way I was feeling.

      Delete
  2. Hi PK, I hope you feel better soon and this turns out to be something and nothing. Big hugs.
    Love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan! I've felt just fine today.

      Delete
  3. Hey PK,

    Gosh, you do like excitement! I am so glad you did both and that you are ok.

    Now, I do have an idea for you to try, ready? DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!!!! sheesh!

    Hugs and love PK.
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your plan! I'll try that!

      Delete
  4. sorry to hear you had this scare :( I hope your doctor can get to the bottom of it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Or just that it never happens again.

      Delete
  5. Anonymous7:15 AM

    PK,
    Feel better. Hopefully it is minor or nothing.
    JL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JL. I'm pretty sure it's minor.

      Delete
  6. Wow! That was scary. But you did the right thing. I hope everything checks out okay with your doctor.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was scary and I definitely prefer boring when it comes to my health.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous9:01 AM

    I am glad everything looks good. I can use this as my soapbox. I went to the ER once with pain in my left arm. EKG was normal, thank God. Several hours later as I was being discharged, my husband asked a life saving question. He asked if they checked my cardiac enzymes. The doctor left, when she came back everyone was running. I was told I was having a heart attack. Admitted to hospital and had a stent the next morning. That was 13 years ago. I am fine. But please everyone, if concerned, do not leave ER without asking if cardiac enzymes were checked. My PSA for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't ask and wouldn't have know to. They said the EKG and the blood work was fine, bu I have no idea if part of the blood work was checking the cardiac enzymes. I'll know to ask in the future.

      Delete
  8. Gosh PK, scary but you did the right thing. Hope it turns out to be nothing and your Dr can give you the all clear.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm planning on.

      Delete
  9. Deena3:58 PM

    This was definitely not the blog I was thinking I'd be reading. Yikes yikes yikes! So glad you called both and very glad you've been feeling ok since. Follow up is definitely a good idea. Apparently we women can be complicated in this area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange, I'm sure I'm all right, because I've always been all right. But I'm smart enough to know that's crazy thinking. I'll follow doctor's orders.

      Delete
  10. Sounds like you had some SVT Supraventricular tachycardiaor AF Atrial fibrillation..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did wonder about that. Nick has AF, well controlled. I'm sure they will be checking.

      Delete
  11. I am so proud of you for calling 911. My son is a paramedic and I know how important it is to use them, it could save your life. Good luck with the cardiologist and don't forget to breathe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm do glad we have paramedics to come when we need them, I've just never needed them before. It was a little scary.

      Delete
  12. PK,
    Yikes.... I didn't know you called 911 ! But, I am glad you did. Rest well,girl, and glad you're going to the doctor for a thorough once over soon!! Hugs, Windy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sure a first for me! I'm heading to my doctor tomorrow.

      Delete
  13. Glad I knew before I saw this, I would have panicked. You make sure you go and before May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to be in perfect health by then. I'm planning on losing 40 pounds and growing four inches.

      Delete
  14. Anonymous12:02 PM

    PK,
    Best of luck at your doctor visit and in your weight loss goal.
    JL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, JL. I'm afraid I'd have about as much luck as I have growing that 4 inches.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous5:33 PM

      Pk,
      I read our taste buds actually get more refined and sophisticated as we age. In my case, that doesn't help. But my wife seems to be keeping me under control as far as keeping my weight down, having only occasional alcohol (wine with her mostly), and skipping dessert except for something special. It's tough. If I could grow 4 inches it would be wonderful.
      Best of luck.
      JL

      Delete
  15. You filled me in on all that happened this week, but I will be checking here for any and all updates, my friend.

    Love and Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad you are okay and that you were checked out. I will be thinking of you and hoping your follow up proves to be nothing to worry about. I have experienced heart palpitations before and it is indeed very scary. Mine fortunately have only lasted a few seconds and have quickly faded. I spoke to my gynecologist about it as I had heard it can sometimes have something to do with menopause/peri-menopause. I have an appointment with my doctor to follow up about it. Be well. Sending positive thoughts and hugs. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should also buy a BP monitor... Huggssss
    Brigitte

    ReplyDelete