I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A sweet birthday thought



A dear friend is having a birthday this week. Sunny and I 'met' the first time when she wrote a Fantasy Friday for me. Her writing really took off after that and I've loved all her stories and books ever since. We decided to meet in person and off I went, flying alone for the first time to meet someone Mollie had dubbed, 'the Serial Killer.'

We've been friends for years now and Sunny and I both are know for our sweet, gentle disposition so I know she'll appreciate this heartfelt sentiment. I put this poem up in honor of her special day.

Birthday Poem for a Friend

Got some silver in my pocket,
got some silver in my hair.
Got some fat around my middle, 
and I'm sagging everywhere.
Got some crow's feet round my eyeballs
and I guess it's really true...
that I'm old enough to know it,
but I'm not as old as you!


Love you Sunny! Happy birthday.


Don't forget to come by the Reading Room for more questions.

24 comments:

  1. LoL PK, love the poem :) Wishing Sunny a very Happy Birthday! Hope she is spoiled rotten and has a wonderful day :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw PK what a nice post for a lovely friend. I think you are both lucky to have met out here. Hope you have a Happy Birthday Sunny....
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have been very lucky. Not everyone can meet for the first time and share a room on the same trip - but it just seemed natural.

      Delete
  3. Lovely poem PK. Happy birthday Sunny, hope you have an awesome day
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought she would appreciate it!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:02 AM

    PK<
    How wonderful and I do love the poem!
    Happy Birthday, Sunny Girl!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It did seem appropriate.

      Delete
  5. Friends, what would you do without them reminding you of your shortcomings? Love this PK - so glad you are in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi PK:) Such a lovely, special post, for a special friend, and person! Such a fun poem!

    Happy Birthday, Sunny! Your friendship brightens our days! 🌞 Have a fabulous birthday! 🎂🎉❤️🎉🎂

    Many hugs and lots of love to you both, PK & Sunny,

    ❤️Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a poem I could put up for just anyone.

      Delete
  7. Although I have already wished our Sunny a Happy Birthday, I had to say how much I loved your poem, PK. We are lucky to know that good lady!

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ella. I do love my friends out here.

      Delete
  8. Always been jealous of your friendship.. you two are both such great ladies. What a fun poem.
    Happy Birthday Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been very lucky. I have many friends here - I've only met a few. Thank goodness many of my friends email.

      Delete
  9. Your poem is great! Many good wishes to Sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved the poem, PK...you are a very talented lady.

    Happy birthday, Sunny!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. Hope Sunny's day was great.

      Delete
  11. PK, fun poem for a lovely friend. I hope SG is having a wonderful birthday week.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fun tribute :-) Happy Birthday, Dear Sunny...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the poem, PK. Only an exceptionally good friend could get away with the last line, what fun.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete