I have been a wife and mother for over twenty years. Now I am becoming my husband's lover, too.
We owe it all to my fellow bloggers who gave me the courage to come out to my husband as a spanko.
I do feel like this is a New Beginning for us.

You must be 18 to view this site.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

First day, good grief!

Look at my beautiful new look! When I put out a call for help several good friends stepped up and offered assistance, including someone who was blogging way back when I started. Many, many thanks to the brilliant, beautiful and talented CeeCi! She did all the original backgrounds and designs for New Beginnings, Cassie’s Space and PK Corey’s Reading Room and I was honored that she was willing to put her beautiful work back to right. Thank you, friend.


Yesterday was the first day of school for kids around here. It was a little strange not going back. I started adding it up and out of my sixty years there have only been thirteen years that I haven’t gone back for a ‘first day’. But I’m having no qualms about retirement. I can definitely live without a ‘first day.’



Mollie, of course, did go back and she had an interesting morning.  She sent me a video early yesterday morning, showing a bunch of kids outside the school.  I didn't think much about it at first. I thought she was just sending me a first day picture. But as I watched it again I realized somethings were off - there were too many kids all outside. And why would Mollie be outside and WHY was there a firetruck and an ambulance in the parking lot?

Seems there was a small fire in the kitchen about 7:15. Parents were trying to drop off kids, teachers were trying to get to school, the emergency trucks were trying to get there and it was the principals first, first day as a principal and they were trying to get all the kids out of the cafeteria. Of course, teachers did what teachers do. They took over, they got the kids to the upper parking lot and into the old building. A little tough on the first day, since you don't know who your kids are. But they kept everyone calm until they could all go back. It was a minor fire, but not with a school house full of kids in the room. It was an exciting beginning. Not exactly what Mollie was expecting, but Mollie and her partners got the attention of the new principal in a very good way. I hope the rest of the year is calmer.


18 comments:

  1. Congrats to everyone on being back in school! Lucky for us, your retirement could lead to more wonderful stories! Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy - I hope that true. I'm trying.

      Delete
  2. Hi Pk, ooh, nice blog! Poor Mollie, what a start.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was an interesting first day.

      Delete
  3. Hi PK, so glad you got the blog back to rights. It looks awesome :)

    Oh goodness, poor Mollie, what a way to start the first day! Hooray for no more first days for you. I'm with Amy :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look, so fresh and clean. Mollie is the age to begin to handle it, not me!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous10:15 AM

    PK,
    I know that feeling you are describing. It is fleeting but nonetheless there. Retirement, like a work career, all require your flexibility and heart.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went out to lunch with my former partner, who retired ten years before me. We celebrated freedom!

      Delete
  5. Mollie's off to a great start. It will all be less exciting from here.

    Like the new look

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her beginning of the year was smokin'!

      Delete
  6. PK, love the new take on the old blog theme. Exciting start for Mollie, a 'first day' to remember! Now everyone else is back to school you can really relish retirement.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's her and not me. She's great and is young enough to really enjoy enjoy it.

      Delete
  7. PK,
    What a start to Mollie's new term. Loving the new look.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie. It looks so fresh to me.

      Delete
  8. Hi PK! :) Your blog looks gorgeous! I'm so glad that your friend CeeCi was able to help you sort out your problem, and make New Beginnings look lovely too!

    Happy that you are reaping the benefits of retirement, as the new school year begins. I feel happy for Mollie too, who has had you as a great example not only as a mom, but as a teacher too. Sounds like she handled what could have been a tough situation with poise and maturity! You must be very proud! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am proud of my girl as I know you are proud of your children. We're lucky ladies.

      Yes, CeeCi is a wonder! I love the look and she set Cassie's Space right too. I could never have done it myself.

      Delete
  9. So glad you have your blog back, PK! It looks lovely. We will just pretend it was off rejuvenating at a fancy spa. So glad your friend was able to help.

    It's just ike hugging an old friend.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a way to start off the school year! However, Mollie did an amazing job handling the situation and keeping all her students calm. Hopefully, the rest of the year will be less dramatic. And, your blog looks beautiful! Hugs

    ReplyDelete